posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default dont feed the birds

At the marina a man finished cleaning his fish , he was feeding all the
birds. Then he took his clean fish and
put it in his ice chest or cooler or what ever he had and started swatting
at birds. I was lmao watching the birds
just flood his boat.

--
NH_/)_
www.sailirc.net

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"sailirc" wrote
At the marina a man finished cleaning his fish , he was feeding all the birds. Then he took his clean fish and
put it in his ice chest or cooler or what ever he had and started swatting at birds. I was lmao watching the birds
just flood his boat.

Did they poop on him?

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

lol , I would imagine to funny

--
NH_/)_
www.sailirc.net

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"sailirc" wrote
At the marina a man finished cleaning his fish , he was feeding all the
birds. Then he took his clean fish and
put it in his ice chest or cooler or what ever he had and started
swatting at birds. I was lmao watching the birds
just flood his boat.

Did they poop on him?

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 09:50:00 -0500, Ellen MacArthur wrote
(in article ews.net):

"sailirc" wrote
At the marina a man finished cleaning his fish , he was feeding all the
birds. Then he took his clean fish and
put it in his ice chest or cooler or what ever he had and started swatting
at birds. I was lmao watching the birds
just flood his boat.

Did they poop on him?

Cheers,
Ellen

I had an outside deck at my former restaurant. We had a sign not to feed the
birds. There was always some AH in the crowd that did though. The rest of the
customers would handle it pretty vocally. My favorite was when someone
complained about bird **** in their food and wanted a refund.... Don't sit
out side there are flies out there too.

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Mundo" wrote:
Ellen MacArthur wrote:

"sailirc" wrote
[...]

I thought that was the 'Special Sauce"!

Seahag

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:29:57 -0500, Seahag wrote
(in article ):

"Mundo" wrote:
Ellen MacArthur wrote:

"sailirc" wrote
[...]

Only you get the special sauce.. ; }

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Mundo wrote:
On Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:29:57 -0500, Seahag wrote
(in article ):

"Mundo" wrote:

Ellen MacArthur wrote:

"sailirc" wrote

[...]

Whoa...so what Scotty said is true?

Hey Mundo...are you freezing out there? Furnace is having a hard time
keeping up with this...I don't think these little hear pump numbers are
built for this kind of cold.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

sailirc wrote:
At the marina a man finished cleaning his fish , he was feeding all the
birds. Then he took his clean fish and
put it in his ice chest or cooler or what ever he had and started swatting
at birds. I was lmao watching the birds
just flood his boat.

We have a situation here down in VA Beach where the ASPCA is having to
do a large rescue job on baby pelicans that did not migrate south
becasue tourists fed them all summer and they didn't learn how to
hunt...there are over 100 starved juveniles that they're feeding 5 lbs
of fish to a day...my concern is that they not just get them back
healthy but that they set up some program to teach these birds how to
survive without having to really on human offerings...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

We have a situation here down in VA Beach where the ASPCA is having to do
a large rescue job on baby pelicans that did not migrate south becasue
tourists fed them all summer and they didn't learn how to hunt...there are
over 100 starved juveniles that they're feeding 5 lbs of fish to a
day...my concern is that they not just get them back healthy but that they
set up some program to teach these birds how to survive without having to
really on human offerings...

that's terrible that many birds all messed up.
seems it would be better for the birds just to bring them south
and let them learn to feed themselves. not only would they have plenty of
food from the ocean but the other birds would kind of teach them. Then it
would
not cost the tax payer. And of course the people have got to stop feeding.

NH_/)_
www.sailirc.net

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"sailirc" wrote
that's terrible that many birds all messed up.
seems it would be better for the birds just to bring them south
and let them learn to feed themselves. not only would they have plenty of
food from the ocean but the other birds would kind of teach them. Then it would
not cost the tax payer. And of course the people have got to stop feeding.

People feed the birds out of kindness. What are they gonna do with the scraps
left when they clean fish? Or the extra bait they didn't use. They can take it home
and toss it in the garbage disposal. They can put it in the trash and let it rot and
stink. Or they can recycle it in natures own way.
No, the problem's not with people feeding birds or manatees or whatever. What
happens is extra food usually is turned into extra babies. Extra babies grow up
and increase the size of the flock. But, what the flock eats doesn't necessarily
get bigger. So if people stop feeding all of a sudden some birds starve. It's usually
the weaker ones that don't make it. This is just God's way. So if you have compassion
for animals don't stop feeding them all of a sudden. You just murder them doing that.
Overpopulation takes care of itself over time. Nature just works that way. Even
if no people are feeding animals it still happens. A herd of buffalos might have five
years of good grass and water. The heard gets very big. Then comes along a drought.
Very little grass and little water. The weaker animals in the herd die off first. Then
even some of the regular animals and maybe even some of the stronger ones. But the
ones that survive are the best of them all. When the rains come again these best
animals breed and make better best babies. The herd benefits. It's nature's way.
Ya gotta ask yourself something. Are people part of nature or not? People are
part of nature fer sure. So people feeding birds are just part of nature's natural
cycles. Trying to second-guess nature is pretty dumb. It would be better to just go
ahead and feed away. But if there gets to be too many because of it then catch them.
Dress them. Eat them. I don't know if seagulls taste good but they probably taste like
chicken. So why not eat them? Why not eat the lazy and weak pelicans if they taste
good? If they taste bad chop them up and use them for cat food. But don't let them
breed and make the flock weaker. Nature wants the flock stronger.

Cheers,
Ellen