Gary Warner

Default Salty Birds - Link to Photos

A friend of mine works for the International Bird Rescue Research
Center (www.ibrrc.org). He forwarded these pictures of birds from
the Los Angeles area. Thought some here might find them of interest.

Pictures at: http://tinyurl.com/54v77

His description of the photos:
Here are some interesting pics of birds that our LA center has gotten this
week from Trona. We have a contract with IMG Chemicals to haze birds and
rescue them from their chemical ponds where they become encrusted by salt
and unable to move. The loon (849 & 844) was so heavily salted that he
didn't even fit in a transport box, so he had to sit on the car seat.