posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Stay tension

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
. ..
"Joe" wrote in message

oups.com..
.

On Jan 26, 6:17 pm, "Scotty"

wrote:
Here's a pic of my rigger checking the tension on my

stays.

http://www.badongo.com/pic/430785

Scotty

That picture is old. Her name is Caroline and she is now

in her fifties.

Not buying it. The model is in her teens in the photo, maybe 20 max. And
that Lewmar-type hatch in the photo hasn't been around for thirty years or
more.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
. ..
"Joe" wrote in message

oups.com..
.

On Jan 26, 6:17 pm, "Scotty"

wrote:
Here's a pic of my rigger checking the tension on my

stays.

http://www.badongo.com/pic/430785

Scotty

That picture is old. Her name is Caroline and she is now

in her fifties.

Not buying it. The model is in her teens in the photo, maybe 20 max. And
that Lewmar-type hatch in the photo hasn't been around for thirty years or
more.

Max

She was 35 in the picture. The body was built by ballet.

--
jlrogers±³©

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote in
Busted again, Neal. Ever hear of French Nails?

Of course I have. But I guess you never heard of glue on French nails?
http://cgi.ebay.com/3-bxs-x-24-NAILE...QQcmdZViewItem

If you break a nail or some nails it looks dumb. It takes them a while to grow out. Weeks. So
you buy some stick-on nails and use those instead. Duh! Keep your real nails short and use glue on
nails for dress up and picture taking.

A flabby old girly-man at best. By the way--how's the inflatable doll doing these days? Is "she" worn out, or has
she been superceded by your left hand again?

Do do do do, do do do do, do do do do, do do do do...... You and Katy, peas in a pod.

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
. net...
"Maxprop" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..

"jlrogers±³©" wrote in message
. ..
"Joe" wrote in message

oups.com..
.

On Jan 26, 6:17 pm, "Scotty"
wrote:
Here's a pic of my rigger checking the tension on my
stays.

http://www.badongo.com/pic/430785

Scotty

That picture is old. Her name is Caroline and she is now
in her fifties.

Not buying it. The model is in her teens in the photo, maybe 20 max.
And that Lewmar-type hatch in the photo hasn't been around for thirty
years or more.

Max

She was 35 in the picture. The body was built by ballet.

Do you know that for a fact? If she really was 35, she'd done well to stay
in such awesome shape.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Maxprop" wrote in
Busted again, Neal. Ever hear of French Nails?

Of course I have. But I guess you never heard of glue on French nails?

Why would I give a rat's posterior? But you were the one contending that
such a manicure job couldn't have been done on natural nails. Busted again,
Neal.

If you break a nail or some nails it looks dumb. It takes them a while
to grow out. Weeks. So
you buy some stick-on nails and use those instead. Duh! Keep your real
nails short and use glue on
nails for dress up and picture taking.

A flabby old girly-man at best. By the way--how's the inflatable doll
doing these days? Is "she" worn out, or has she been superceded by your
left hand again?

Do do do do, do do do do, do do do do, do do do do...... You and
Katy, peas in a pod.

Here's why you're so busted, Neal. I've referred to the photos of the kid
model as a bimbette repeatedly. If you truly were that attractive young
thing, you'd have been soooo outraged and calling me all sorts of
epithetical appellations. Busted!!!

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Charlie Morgan wrote:

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:19:22 -0500, Walt wrote:

Rig tension looks about right to me - very loose when the boat is not
actually under way. Why leave the rig under tension any longer than you
need to?

Because flex=fatigue. A rig left loose wears out faster as it flops around.

Um. No.

Sorry.

//Walt
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Tue, 30 Jan 2007 09:38:14 -0500, Walt wrote:
Charlie Morgan wrote:
On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:19:22 -0500, Walt wrote:

Rig tension looks about right to me - very loose when the boat is not
actually under way. Why leave the rig under tension any longer than you
need to?

Because flex=fatigue. A rig left loose wears out faster as it flops around.

Um. No.

Sorry.

Um. Yes.

Perhaps you should ask Brion Toss.

Be my guest. Phrase the question like this:

"I've got a 505 that I dry sail from a launch dolly. Should I loosen
the rig when I bring her ashore?"

Here's the answer:

Absolutely. With a dry sailed dinghy, you always slacken the rig once
ashore. It takes the tension off the hull, which will fatigue if kept
under load. On many dinghys you even sail with the rig loose.

Now, a keelboat that stays in the water all the time is a different
story. But that's not what's in the picture.

//Walt

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote
Why would I give a rat's posterior? But you were the one contending that such a manicure job couldn't have been done
on natural nails. Busted again,

I never said that. Some stupid people where saying those were my *real* nails.
I couldn't be sailing with nails like that.... Why not? It isn't too hard to get them
off if they break you just glue another one on later.
I just said real nails aren't white on the ends like that. Sure you can give real
nails the French Nail treatment. But, in the picture my nails aren't even French Nails
like Katy said. Duh. Katy's just a dummies. French nails even if they're glue-ons are
light pearly pink on top and white on the bottom. But even the white has a pink tint
because the pink covers the whole top of the nails.
I wouldn't expect Katy to know that. She's way to plain and dumpy to ever
have been a model. Just like you're way too ignorant to know about nails...

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote
I'm starting to worry about Max, first he's spouting gay
rights and now he's arguing about nails with Ellen.

You call what Maxprop does arguing? That's pretty lame arguing IMO.
No facts, no logic, no system, no couth, no results. lol

Cheers,
Ellen