posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Stay tension

"Scotty" wrote
Here's a pic of my rigger checking the tension on my stays.
http://www.badongo.com/pic/430785

Skinny little thing.....

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

On Fri, 26 Jan 2007 20:31:09 -0500, Ellen MacArthur wrote
(in article ews.net):

"Scotty" wrote
Here's a pic of my rigger checking the tension on my stays.
http://www.badongo.com/pic/430785

Skinny little thing.....

Cheers,
Ellen

Send her down to me scotty. The head is clogged I think it gonna blow........

--
Mundo, The Captain who is a bully and an ass

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..
Here's a pic of my rigger checking the tension on my

stays.

http://www.badongo.com/pic/430785

Scotty

What stay?

look closer.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

On Jan 26, 6:17 pm, "Scotty" wrote:
Here's a pic of my rigger checking the tension on my stays.

http://www.badongo.com/pic/430785

Scotty

Looks like the standing rigging is a bit undersized for such a large
boat. Is your inspector doing the Twang (like a guitar string) test?

Joe

"Joe" wrote in oglegroups.com... A new way for yankees to test the rigging set maybe....

Is the forward stay to loose?
Or is it that the back stays are to loose?

Looks as well rigged as Nellens boat.http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/171500...1715401_geneva

_ap.jpg

Joe- Hide quoted text -- Show quoted text -

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..
Here's a pic of my rigger checking the tension on my

stays.

http://www.badongo.com/pic/430785

Scotty

What stay?

look closer.

I can't see her tits no matter how hard I look.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote in message
Joe wrote:
A new way for yankees to test the rigging set maybe....

Is the forward stay to loose?
Or is it that the back stays are to loose?

Looks as well rigged as Nellens boat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/171500..._geneva_ap.jpg

Joe

ahhh...Michigan sailing!

Mountains in the background?? Monoliths on the beach??

What part of Michigan have you seen that I haven't??

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Walt" wrote in message
katy wrote:
Joe wrote:

A new way for yankees to test the rigging set maybe....

Is the forward stay to loose?
Or is it that the back stays are to loose?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/171500..._geneva_ap.jpg

Rig tension looks about right to me - very loose when the boat is not
actually under way. Why leave the rig under tension any longer than you
need to?

A few dinghies sail with a moderately slack rig. Snipes brought it to an
art form back in the Seventies. When sailing to weather on starboard tack,
the port shroud would have nearly a foot of freeplay. And we'd tighten our
jib luff wires to the point that about 75% of the tension was on the luff
wire and only about 25% on the stay.

BTW, it looks like a 505, which doesn't have a backstay, let alone two. Is
there any boat that has back *stays*, i.e. more than one?

Some big boats have runners, and I believe there was a Hunter or something
that had twin backstays, for whatever reason I haven't the slightest.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Ellen MacArthur" wrote in message
reenews.net...

"Scotty" wrote
Here's a pic of my rigger checking the tension on my stays.
http://www.badongo.com/pic/430785

Skinny little thing.....

Nearly perfect, actually.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Maxprop wrote:
"katy" wrote in message

Joe wrote:

A new way for yankees to test the rigging set maybe....

Is the forward stay to loose?
Or is it that the back stays are to loose?

Looks as well rigged as Nellens boat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/171500..._geneva_ap.jpg

Joe

ahhh...Michigan sailing!

Mountains in the background?? Monoliths on the beach??

What part of Michigan have you seen that I haven't??

Max

Lake of the Clouds....I was referring to the icy conditions...it was a
joke...
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Maxprop" wrote
Nearly perfect, actually.

Yes, nearly perfect for a runway model. Not much use around a boat other than
as deck garnish. Think she can pull an anchor? Not.

Cheers,
Ellen