posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Default Stay tension

A new way for yankees to test the rigging set maybe....

Is the forward stay to loose?
Or is it that the back stays are to loose?

Looks as well rigged as Nellens boat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/171500..._geneva_ap.jpg

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe wrote:
A new way for yankees to test the rigging set maybe....

Is the forward stay to loose?
Or is it that the back stays are to loose?

Looks as well rigged as Nellens boat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/171500..._geneva_ap.jpg

Joe

ahhh...Michigan sailing!
posted to alt.sailing.asa

katy wrote:
Joe wrote:

A new way for yankees to test the rigging set maybe....

Is the forward stay to loose?
Or is it that the back stays are to loose?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/171500..._geneva_ap.jpg

Rig tension looks about right to me - very loose when the boat is not
actually under way. Why leave the rig under tension any longer than you
need to?

BTW, it looks like a 505, which doesn't have a backstay, let alone two.
Is there any boat that has back *stays*, i.e. more than one?

ahhh...Michigan sailing!

Well, not for another 5 weeks or so.

//Walt
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Walt" wrote
Is there any boat that has back *stays*, i.e. more than one?

My Tangerine has three stays. One forestay and two backstays.

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
A new way for yankees to test the rigging set maybe....

Is the forward stay to loose?
Or is it that the back stays are to loose?

Looks as well rigged as Nellens boat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/171500..._geneva_ap.jpg

Joe

Both birds look a little upset.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Here's a pic of my rigger checking the tension on my stays.

http://www.badongo.com/pic/430785

Scotty

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
A new way for yankees to test the rigging set maybe....

Is the forward stay to loose?
Or is it that the back stays are to loose?

Looks as well rigged as Nellens boat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/171500...1715401_geneva
_ap.jpg

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Scotty wrote:
Here's a pic of my rigger checking the tension on my stays.

http://www.badongo.com/pic/430785

Scotty

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...

A new way for yankees to test the rigging set maybe....

Is the forward stay to loose?
Or is it that the back stays are to loose?

Looks as well rigged as Nellens boat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/171500...1715401_geneva
_ap.jpg

Joe

You renaming your boat the e coli express?
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Dry 1" "spots are out "@ Vail's.com wrote in message
Hey Mooron, aren't you getting tired of this charade yet.

"Capt. JG" wrote:

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
A new way for yankees to test the rigging set maybe....

Is the forward stay to loose?
Or is it that the back stays are to loose?

Looks as well rigged as Nellens boat.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/olmedia/171500..._geneva_ap.jpg

Joe

Both birds look a little upset.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Mooron? He's not been around for a while.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Scotty" wrote in message
. ..
Here's a pic of my rigger checking the tension on my stays.

http://www.badongo.com/pic/430785

Scotty

What stay?

--