posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Thanks to ASA....

Sold an Outboard here...and now I have a nice deal for a certain
ASA'er. Hopefully he/she will comment on the whole deal once the
sail(s) are delivered. In the first case the trolls actually got the
motor sold by keeping the thread active!

Here's another for ya...
Yamaha 9.9 4 cycle long shaft engine with electric start and fully
rebuilt top end...
http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/boa/220875354.html

Thanks....

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Capt. Rob wrote:
Sold an Outboard here...and now I have a nice deal for a certain
ASA'er. Hopefully he/she will comment on the whole deal once the
sail(s) are delivered. In the first case the trolls actually got the
motor sold by keeping the thread active!

Here's another for ya...
Yamaha 9.9 4 cycle long shaft engine with electric start and fully
rebuilt top end...
http://newyork.craigslist.org/que/boa/220875354.html

Thanks....

Hey Rob;

If you ever come across a clean 2 stroke 25hp let me know.

Also, you ever come across any radar cables?

Nice offer on the sails for the racers here, these guys cut good deal
on crusing sails?
Quantum Sails made my first set, but I think I need to expand my
inventory.

I have a 130% Genoa 411 sq ft. ....A 100% 316 sq ft Genoa ... 81 sq ft
storm jib, a 150 sq ft cross cut cruising mizzen, and the 376 ft sg ft
Cruising Cross cut main.

I have no sails for my forward inner stay, and I need a 5 kt whomper
type sail.
Any suggestions?

Joe

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

If you ever come across a clean 2 stroke 25hp let me know.

Joe, I had a totally mint 25HP Nissan I sold for 650 a few months ago.
I didn't think anyone here would want it. I'll keep my eyes open. At
the moment I only have the 9.9 and 8 HP longshafts.

If you're serious about some sails, e-mail me off this forum and I'll
get you a quote. I'll need exact measurements and what you want. The
loft is run by a fellow in the biz for 30 years. He might even know
your boat.

This all came about as a fluke in my search for sales for the 35s5.
I've learned more about sails, how they're made and what it really
costs to make them in the last few months than I learned over 10 years.
I'm actually a bit disturbed by what I've learned, but large lofts need
to cover bigger bills. It's their job in the process to convince us
their technology and build is superior. The small loft tries to
convince us that they make the same sails with the same software, but
don't have the ad-might to get the word out. Tough business, but I'm
really interested in it as of late.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

"Capt" Rob wrote:
This all came about as a fluke in my search for sales for the 35s5.
I've learned more about sails, how they're made

Here's where to learn about sails, from somebody whose main
actually reaches full hoist

http://www.amazon.com/Art-Science-Sa.../dp/0312044178

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Here's where to learn about sails

Does that book talk about the cost of making sails today vs. 5 years
ago? The ultra low cost today for the cutting machines? The fact that
some exotic materials are less expensive than Dacron? Waste ratios for
various materials, which governs production costs? How about standard
sails tweaked into exotica and then poorly made, such as the 3DL from
North?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

"Capt" Rob wrote:
.... Waste ratios for
various materials, which governs production costs?

Labor is the biggest single cost.

.... How about standard
sails tweaked into exotica and then poorly made, such as the 3DL from
North?

??

Tell us how a 3DL sail is "tweaked" please.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Labor is the biggest single cost.

Not always. Family run lofts can ease those costs, especially if it's a
big family. Some smaller lofts have a huge advantage in that regard. In
any case Doyle and UK high salaries at all to the girls assembling
sails.

Tell us how a 3DL sail is "tweaked" please.

I guess you don't know about the lawsuits via delamination (not the
patent disaster). Remember the joke, "What does 3DL stand for? Answer:
3 days left."
How many times did North change the build specs on the 3DL, Doug? I
know because I'm friends with a plaintiff from 1999.
The very idea that someone knows something you don't is like poison to
you. It's terribly sad. Yesterday I spent 90 minutes speaking with a
top sailmaker. I listened and rarely said a word. You would have been
trying to show him what YOU know...and you would'nt have learned a
thing.
You're a powerboater, so why even comment at all? Hmmmm?

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

"Capt" Rob wrote:
Not always. Family run lofts can ease those costs

Ah, I see. Get your kids to build the sails for free. Nice.

"Capt" Rob wrote:
I guess you don't know about the lawsuits via delamination

Guess all you like. What I know, or don't know, about
lawsuits is not an answer to the question about how 3DL
sails are "tweaked."

You're a powerboater, so why even comment at all?

I'm a "powerboater" with more time under sail than you'll
ever have. My dog knows more about sailing that you, plus
he's a lot more honest.

If it bothers you so much to have your ignorance & fraud
exposed here, then quit posting.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa

If it bothers you so much to have your ignorance & fraud
exposed here, then quit posting.

Doug, you're full of crap as usual.
The 3DL design via molds is old news. You can go to the website if you
want to learn about it. The horrible history of the sail and the tweaks
made (to slowly) to save it are known by some, but certainly not you.
As usual, Doug, caught with your pants down again. None of this has
anything at all to do with my ability to get sails for a great price of
course. It just irks you to no end that I can. Just like it irks you
that I work for my yard and get free services and so on. Your only
reply...and for some reason you MUST reply, is to call me a liar in the
face of what's obviously true. The boats I broker are on yachtworld and
when they sell I do the sea trials and even short range deliveries.
What's the big deal? I sure don't see you offering anyone ANYTHING
here...not sails, cheap transient space...nada. All you do is whine and
cry over my posts and talk crap about your old sailing days.
And as for your comment about family run lofts...what business is that
of yours?

Two people here are now aboard and will save about 1000.00 on a main
and chute, Doug. We all know YOU don't need any sails.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

"Capt" Rob wrote:
Doug, you're full of crap as usual.

Then how come you can't answer the question?

DSK