posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Thanks to ASA....

Dogs are totally honest persons. You can't compare them to people persons.
:-)

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
Labor is the biggest single cost.

"Capt" Rob wrote:
Not always. Family run lofts can ease those costs

Ah, I see. Get your kids to build the sails for free. Nice.

Tell us how a 3DL sail is "tweaked" please.

"Capt" Rob wrote:
I guess you don't know about the lawsuits via delamination

Guess all you like. What I know, or don't know, about lawsuits is not an
answer to the question about how 3DL sails are "tweaked."

You're a powerboater, so why even comment at all?

I'm a "powerboater" with more time under sail than you'll ever have. My
dog knows more about sailing that you, plus he's a lot more honest.

If it bothers you so much to have your ignorance & fraud exposed here,
then quit posting.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

Capt. JG wrote:
Dogs are totally honest persons. You can't compare them to people persons.
:-)

Sure you can. It's just that people suffer by comparison.

Dogs are brave, loyal, honest, and you can absolutely trust
them with anything except your ham sandwich.

Plus if have the right dog, they will eagerly jump into cold
water to fetch anything you might have dropped overboard.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote:
Waste ratios for
various materials, which governs production costs? How about standard
sails tweaked into exotica and then poorly made, such as the 3DL from
North?

How is a 3DL sail manufactured, and how do you "tweak" it after it's
been made?

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Then how come you can't answer the question?

Which one, Doug...you want me to list the efforts by North to fix the
3DL over the years, tweak after tweak? Google it...you'll read plenty.
If I post it you'll just say I googled it anyway!
C'mon, dude. Everytime you try to kick me, your Earth-Shoe flies off,
bounces off the wall and ends up halfway down your throat.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

How is a 3DL sail manufactured, and how do you "tweak" it after it's
been made?

You don't. You throw it away after it's been made...and soon!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa

My cousin had a great dane when he was growing up. Those days, playing on
the front lawn was normal behavior and the dog sat around without a leash on
the porch. Whenever a stranger would walk by, the dog would very leisurely
get up and move closer to my cousin, and lie down, putting himself between
the person and my cousin. When the "threat" was over, it would get up and
slowly walk back to the porch. Did that with all the kids.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..
Capt. JG wrote:
Dogs are totally honest persons. You can't compare them to people
persons. :-)

Sure you can. It's just that people suffer by comparison.

Dogs are brave, loyal, honest, and you can absolutely trust them with
anything except your ham sandwich.

Plus if have the right dog, they will eagerly jump into cold water to
fetch anything you might have dropped overboard.

Fresh Breezes- Doug King

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"DSK" wrote in message

Here's where to learn about sails, from somebody whose main actually
reaches full hoist

A most brilliant pun.

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

If it bothers you so much to have your ignorance & fraud
exposed here, then quit posting.

Doug, you're full of crap as usual.
The 3DL design via molds is old news. You can go to the website if you
want to learn about it. The horrible history of the sail and the tweaks
made (to slowly) to save it are known by some, but certainly not you.

Liar!

http://na.northsails.com/Racing_Sails/3DLHistory.htm

Sooper dooper liar!

http://www.quantumsails.com/pdf/Cube...20Overview.pdf

Double-secret liar!!!!

http://www.sailinganarchy.com/innerv...02/whidden.htm

As usual, Doug, caught with your pants down again.

Is RB hoping?

None of this has
anything at all to do with my ability to get sails for a great price of
course.

What does?

It just irks you to no end that I can. Just like it irks you
that I work for my yard and get free services and so on.

I don't think Doug longs to be a powder monkey in a boat yard.

Your only
reply...and for some reason you MUST reply, is to call me a liar in the
face of what's obviously true.

It is true that you are a liar. A big liar!

The boats I broker are on yachtworld and
when they sell I do the sea trials and even short range deliveries.

Prove it!

What's the big deal? I sure don't see you offering anyone ANYTHING
here...not sails, cheap transient space...nada.

I've seen pictures of him sailing with other ASA members. Where are your
pictures like that?

All you do is whine and
cry over my posts and talk crap about your old sailing days.

Who is whining and crying now?

And as for your comment about family run lofts...what business is that
of yours?

Sore point! Sore point! Some South Carolina family is about to be ruined by
associating with RB! Just wait and see!!!!

Two people here are now aboard and will save about 1000.00 on a main
and chute, Doug.

And if there are more than two defects per sail, the entire boat gets
replaced? Why should anyone invest in believing you? What is there to gain?

We all know YOU don't need any sails.

And you said you didn't either when you bought your boat last year. Now you
do - you are a liar!!!!!

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"DSK" wrote

"Capt" Rob wrote:
I guess you don't know about the lawsuits via delamination

Guess all you like. What I know, or don't know, about lawsuits is not an
answer to the question about how 3DL sails are "tweaked."

You're a powerboater, so why even comment at all?

I'm a "powerboater" with more time under sail than you'll ever have. My
dog knows more about sailing that you, plus he's a lot more honest.

If it bothers you so much to have your ignorance & fraud exposed here,
then quit posting.

DSK

I'd like to hear Swabbie's answer to Doug's questions. What
is the answer Swabbie?

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Gilligan" wrote

I've seen pictures of him sailing with other ASA members. Where are your
pictures like that?

I don't think Swabbie really has a boat. Somehow he managed to
get some pictures taken on someone elses boat.