posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob Capt. Rob is offline

Default Thanks to ASA....

Labor is the biggest single cost.

Not always. Family run lofts can ease those costs, especially if it's a
big family. Some smaller lofts have a huge advantage in that regard. In
any case Doyle and UK high salaries at all to the girls assembling
sails.

Tell us how a 3DL sail is "tweaked" please.

I guess you don't know about the lawsuits via delamination (not the
patent disaster). Remember the joke, "What does 3DL stand for? Answer:
3 days left."
How many times did North change the build specs on the 3DL, Doug? I
know because I'm friends with a plaintiff from 1999.
The very idea that someone knows something you don't is like poison to
you. It's terribly sad. Yesterday I spent 90 minutes speaking with a
top sailmaker. I listened and rarely said a word. You would have been
trying to show him what YOU know...and you would'nt have learned a
thing.
You're a powerboater, so why even comment at all? Hmmmm?

RB
35s5
NY