posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Colregs Questions; BORING!

Enough!!!

Reading colregs and forming question doesn't make any one a sailor.

I'm Not for OT normally but after page after page of Coast Guard
regulations, a good political discussion sure as Hell beats pages of dry
Regulations.

Any sailor in a bar that would sit there with a drink and quote Reg.
would soon be talking to himself; as soon Neal and his own "Puppets" are
just about doing now.

BORING to say the least. BORING as hell in real time
discussion.Boring;-----Boring____Boring

ILL DRINK TO THAT
Ole Thom

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Thom Stewart wrote:
Enough!!!

Reading colregs and forming question doesn't make any one a sailor.

I'm Not for OT normally but after page after page of Coast Guard
regulations, a good political discussion sure as Hell beats pages of dry
Regulations.

Any sailor in a bar that would sit there with a drink and quote Reg.
would soon be talking to himself; as soon Neal and his own "Puppets" are
just about doing now.

BORING to say the least. BORING as hell in real time
discussion.Boring;-----Boring____Boring

ILL DRINK TO THAT
Ole Thom

I'll deink to that, too......
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Thom Stewart wrote:
BORING to say the least. BORING as hell in real time
discussion.Boring;-----Boring____Boring

OK Thom, What's your preference?

Engage with the flonkers?

Endless discussion about who's gayer?

Nonsense about how everything that's wrong in the world is caused by
anyone named Bush or Clinton?

How about RB's pathetic yammering about how his life is perfect?

Is it time for a nice gun control thread?

Actually, the occasional colregs thread has dramatically increased the
rules knowledge in this group; if someone has question I'll be willing
to give an opinion.

ILL DRINK TO THAT

Have a hit on me.
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Thom Stewart wrote:
Enough!!!

Reading colregs and forming question doesn't make any one a sailor.

I'm Not for OT normally but after page after page of Coast Guard
regulations, a good political discussion sure as Hell beats pages of dry
Regulations.

Any sailor in a bar that would sit there with a drink and quote Reg.
would soon be talking to himself; as soon Neal and his own "Puppets" are
just about doing now.

BORING to say the least. BORING as hell in real time
discussion.Boring;-----Boring____Boring

ILL DRINK TO THAT
Ole Thom

And another thing thats annoying is trying to remember the subject of 1
thru 10 without trudging thru every question again and again, More info
in the header would be nice, that way we could ignore them with a bit
more ease and let others who do not know discuss and answer the
questions.

Nothing wrong with good questions to brush up, but lately it's been a
bit much. maybe Neal is going to re-new his licences and needs the
pratice.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Jeff" wrote
| OK Thom, What's your preference?

You can't figure out his preference yet, Jeff? I can. He's not happy unless somebody's fussing over
him and his aches and pains.... and not being able to do what he used to do. Old people are like that
or most of them. That's all they want to talk about. Me myself and I. Most of their friends have
passed. They feel all alone. Thom thinks colreg talk is boring because there isn't an Old Thom rule
to talk about.
So Thom, let's talk about you. How's your health lately? Getting around OK? Are you sleeping OK?
Do you miss sailing? Do you have any friends you can go sailing with? Do you have a lady friend? Do
you have a pet? How's the weather were you are?

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Ellen MacArthur wrote:
"Jeff" wrote
| OK Thom, What's your preference?

You can't figure out his preference yet, Jeff? I can. He's not happy unless somebody's fussing over
him and his aches and pains.... and not being able to do what he used to do. Old people are like that
or most of them. That's all they want to talk about. Me myself and I. Most of their friends have
passed. They feel all alone. Thom thinks colreg talk is boring because there isn't an Old Thom rule
to talk about.

Wrong, you going over the same Colregs as a different puppet is just
boring to some people.
Try to think up someing new and exciting, like what a fine sailor you
think the unibomber would make.

So Thom, let's talk about you. How's your health lately? Getting around OK? Are you sleeping OK?
Do you miss sailing? Do you have any friends you can go sailing with? Do you have a lady friend? Do
you have a pet? How's the weather were you are?

Well thats more interesting than you rowing a sailboat backwards in an
anchorage getting overtook by a speedboat 22.5 degreese abaft yer beam
and night without proper running lights just inside the channel but in
international waters.

Joe
Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote
| Well thats more interesting than you rowing a sailboat backwards in an
| anchorage getting overtook by a speedboat 22.5 degreese abaft yer beam
| and night without proper running lights just inside the channel but in
| international waters.

I just read your post with people being cut in half and decapitated and other gory things.
You call that interesting, Joe? Maybe if your a serial killer or a pervert. Rules talk belongs here
more than blood and gore talk. You gotta be careful. When you accuse people make sure your
not guilty of the same thing or worse....

Cheers,
Ellen
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Jeff,

I'm NOT against Colregs. I AM for moderation!

ASA has been a very successful discussion group BECAUSE it has never
been a "Johnny One Note!"

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

posted to alt.sailing.asa

Joe,

Nothing wrong with good questions to brush up, but lately it's

been a bit much. maybe Neal is going to re-new his licences and needs
the pratice

I think you may have "Hit the nail on the head!"

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ILLDRINKTOTHAT

Don't ask questions on boats - the Feds are watching! [email protected] General 14 April 22nd 05 04:10 AM
Don't ask questions on boats - the Feds are watching! [email protected] General 9 April 22nd 05 04:10 AM
Lots of questions :) GC General 7 September 16th 04 05:45 AM
Newbie questions Tony Kenny UK Power Boats 7 January 12th 04 08:44 PM
Sailing on LIS BORING! BORING! Whplash4 ASA 0 September 8th 03 02:42 PM