posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Colregs Questions; BORING!

"Thom Stewart" wrote
| ASA has been a very successful discussion group BECAUSE it has never
| been a "Johnny One Note!"

More like a Capt. Rob One Note. :-) Say your prayers, Thom. Be thankful your able to add to the
diversity. Just try to keep it on topic. Saying on topic posts are boring is dumb. Just don't read them.

Cheers,
Ellen
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote
| Nothing wrong with good questions to brush up, but lately it's been a
| bit much. maybe Neal is going to re-new his licences and needs the
| pratice.

I guess you aren't a captain Joe. I'm studying to take the six-pak license. I'm not a captain yet
but I know you only have to take the test once. If you let it expire you have to take the test again.
It's funny you think I'm Captain Neal. I logged on to his site. He weird but he knows tons about
sailing. More than anybody here. Well, I take it back. Maybe Jeff knows more.

Cheers,
Ellen
posted to alt.sailing.asa

Default Life Commentary

Everyone gets old; eventually everyone dies. To not have compassion for
the human condition negates the com passionless one to being subhuman at
best but mire probably inhumane.
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"katy" wrote
| Everyone gets old; eventually everyone dies. To not have compassion for
| the human condition negates the com passionless one to being subhuman at
| best but mire probably inhumane.

Good advice, Katy. I'm a little ashamed. Me and Thom got off on the wrong foot. I have compassion for
him, I really do. It's just that he needs to stop living in the past. He should be happy with the present. Complaining
about everything makes him grumpy. Lots of people are worse off than him. The Lord giveth and the Lord taketh away.
Look at it this way. It's a blessing even in the taking away stage of life.....

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK DSK is offline

katysails wrote:
Everyone gets old; eventually everyone dies. To not have compassion for
the human condition negates the com passionless one to being subhuman at
best but mire probably inhumane.

I don't want to start off y disagreeing with a basically
good philosphy here, but not everyone gets old. Many people
die young.

As for compassion, it is one of the characteristics that
partially seperates humans from animals. To not have
compassion is to be an animal, not human.

To continue on this theme, are sock puppets human? If an
"internet character" dies, does he/she go to Heaven if he's
been good?

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe Joe is offline

Ellen MacArthur wrote:
"Joe" wrote
| Well thats more interesting than you rowing a sailboat backwards in an
| anchorage getting overtook by a speedboat 22.5 degreese abaft yer beam
| and night without proper running lights just inside the channel but in
| international waters.

I just read your post with people being cut in half and decapitated and other gory things.
You call that interesting, Joe? Maybe if your a serial killer or a pervert. Rules talk belongs here
more than blood and gore talk. You gotta be careful. When you accuse people make sure your
not guilty of the same thing or worse....

True trailor sailors like you will never encounter anything more
dangerious than a wet butt rash but........ gory things happen at sea,
and I rather talk about a 4" hauser parting and killing a sailor so
perhaps it will instill the importance of never turning your back on a
line under load. That may keep another person from such a preventable,
but too common an accident.

Makes more sence than talking about rowing a sailboat backwards thru
an anchorage any day.

You can chat fantasy all day, and that makes since because you are
your fantasy, have no boat, and never sail.

Joe

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

In article ,
Scotty wrote:
Ahoy there Thom. I'm going sailing.

Scotty

Ahoy there Thom. I'm going sailing this evening... on the boat right
now, about to attempt the impossible.... finding the oil pressure
sensor alarm wire connection, so I can reconnect it. :-)

--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Joe" wrote in

| True trailor sailors like you will never encounter anything more
| dangerious than a wet butt rash but........ gory things happen at sea,
| and I rather talk about a 4" hauser parting and killing a sailor so
| perhaps it will instill the importance of never turning your back on a
| line under load. That may keep another person from such a preventable,
| but too common an accident.

True. And more welcome than political talk or motor talk. But seriously. That poor guy
probably wouldn't have time to get away even if he was looking right at the hawser when it
parted.

| You can chat fantasy all day, and that makes since because you are
| your fantasy, have no boat, and never sail.

Chatting *fantasy* maybe could prepare you for real life, couldn't it. I do have a boat and I do sail.

Cheers,
Ellen
posted to alt.sailing.asa

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote
| Ahoy there Thom. I'm going sailing this evening... on the boat right
| now, about to attempt the impossible.... finding the oil pressure
| sensor alarm wire connection, so I can reconnect it. :-)

*I* don't need oil pressure to go sailing. Don't you have sails on your boat?

Cheers,
Ellen

posted to alt.sailing.asa

In article ews.net,
Ellen MacArthur wrote:

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote
| Ahoy there Thom. I'm going sailing this evening... on the boat right
| now, about to attempt the impossible.... finding the oil pressure
| sensor alarm wire connection, so I can reconnect it. :-)

*I* don't need oil pressure to go sailing. Don't you have sails on your boat?

You truly are stupid aren't you. Don't answer. It's a rhetorical question.
--
Capt. JG @@
www.sailnow.com

Don't ask questions on boats - the Feds are watching! [email protected] General 14 April 22nd 05 04:10 AM
Don't ask questions on boats - the Feds are watching! [email protected] General 9 April 22nd 05 04:10 AM
Lots of questions :) GC General 7 September 16th 04 05:45 AM
Newbie questions Tony Kenny UK Power Boats 7 January 12th 04 08:44 PM
Sailing on LIS BORING! BORING! Whplash4 ASA 0 September 8th 03 02:42 PM