Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Junior Member

Default Bottom Paint

Hello:

I've just treated the bottom of my sail boat with Interlux 2000E. (Had blister problems.) I was going to apply a Ablative bottom paint such as Sea Bowld Ablative 67 Pro. The boat is usually only launched one per year and left in the water for about 7 months at a time, with 5 months on a trailer. I have two questions.

1.) Any comments/experiences with different types or brands of bottom paint.

2.) I don't plan to launch the boat until next April, should I paint the bottom now or wait until I'm closer to launch time. Or does it matter?

Any comments are appreciated.

Bottom Paint ,,, 20 layers of Bottom Paint ,,, how to remove it. Thomas Wentworth Cruising 33 April 12th 06 12:31 AM
Bottom paint vs performance Phil DiVincenti General 7 September 10th 04 07:42 PM
Interlux Bottom Paint Question Mike Cruising 6 June 17th 04 12:24 AM
Bottom Paint katysails ASA 27 March 24th 04 09:07 PM
Removing bottom paint... Rural Knight General 1 August 6th 03 02:03 AM