Rural Knight

Default Removing bottom paint...

When I purchased my Ranger 200C, I had the bottom painted
because I thought at the time that I would slip the boat over
in the Bay, but I changed my mind and trailered it.

Now the paint is coming off and looks really ugly.

http://home.earthlink.net/~tomf123/P8050001.JPG
http://home.earthlink.net/~tomf123/P8050002.JPG
http://home.earthlink.net/~tomf123/P8050003.JPG

And just for yucks, a picture of the boat:

http://home.earthlink.net/~tomf123/P8050004.JPG

Other than wet sanding with a light grit sandpaper and buffing
the bottom, is there any other way of removing the paint from
the bottom without ruining the gel coat?

Advice, as always, appreciated.

Later,

Tom

Himm

Rural Knight wrote:

When I purchased my Ranger 200C, I had the bottom painted
because I thought at the time that I would slip the boat over
in the Bay, but I changed my mind and trailered it.

Now the paint is coming off and looks really ugly.

http://home.earthlink.net/~tomf123/P8050001.JPG
http://home.earthlink.net/~tomf123/P8050002.JPG
http://home.earthlink.net/~tomf123/P8050003.JPG

And just for yucks, a picture of the boat:

http://home.earthlink.net/~tomf123/P8050004.JPG

Other than wet sanding with a light grit sandpaper and buffing
the bottom, is there any other way of removing the paint from
the bottom without ruining the gel coat?

Advice, as always, appreciated.

Later,

Tom

CT too? where do you run it? I'm in Candlewood.

Paint Stripping Pete Barker General 0 August 1st 03 02:02 PM
American Military Morale at Rock Bottom Doug Kanter General 0 July 9th 03 04:02 PM