posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Default Guess which marina?

?? Too deep for me Dave.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:22:06 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

Most of the boats are
well kept after,

And are the well kept before?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Real men read only the Wall Street Journal and The Economist.

Besides the bird cage value, the NYT has good crossword puzzles.

Hosanna!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

So, you're now part of the grammar police. I see.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
news
On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 14:20:06 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

?? Too deep for me Dave.

Is "well kept after" a regionalism? I could understand "well kept" or
"well
looked after." But "well kept after" has a strange ring to my ear.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Thanks, but no thanks. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a marina
where the caliber of seamanship is so low that the patrons require
instructions to properly secure there vessels.

Sorry, Marty, but we don't trust people to tie up their boats properly.
We don't trust them to refuel at our docks. We don't even trust them to
keep the docks clear. The condo run marina is quite strict and enforces
these rules to maintain the lowest insurance rates around. It also give
me piece of mind. How do I know if YOU can tie up your boat properly?
We make the lines and rig them our way. Seems to work as we're the
safest and busiest spot around and filled 100% again this year.

When did Arte sell? Did he get more than $20,000 per slip?

He never owned the land. Frank did even then.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

Twenty years ago a slip "went" for $40,000. Today, RB is selling them
for
$14,000 (bigger slip, same marina).

And two years ago a 32 foot slip sold on Ebay for 5K. There was only
one bid. People simply prefer to rent them. Anyone who sells today will
probably only get half of their money back. The idea of slips as
"property" is simply no longer popular here, even as homes on the
Island doubled and tripled.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

Twenty years ago a slip "went" for $40,000. Today, RB is selling them
for
$14,000 (bigger slip, same marina).

And two years ago a 32 foot slip sold on Ebay for 5K. There was only
one bid. People simply prefer to rent them. Anyone who sells today will
probably only get half of their money back. The idea of slips as
"property" is simply no longer popular here, even as homes on the
Island doubled and tripled.

RB
35s5
NY

Why do you sell rapidly depreciating boat slips, old cables and abandoned
boats?

Even a used car salesman over on Delancey Street does better.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
So, you're now part of the grammar police. I see.

Don't forget he's on the sock puppet patrol too. Better watch out, he may
take your armband!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"DSK" wrote in message
Let's see, on one hand we have a century old news
organization that is respected world wide.

. . . excluding the USA, apparently. Credibility and the NY Times aren't
generally used in the same sentence these days.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Maxprop wrote:
. . . excluding the USA, apparently.

You mean excluding the small percent of dumb-bells & loonies
who prefer the fantasy-land presented on right-wing
hate-talk radio. After all, the real world is a libby-rull plot!

.... Credibility and the NY Times aren't
generally used in the same sentence these days.

I wouldn't put them at the top of the list. OTOH they are
not in the "paid-for disinformation" business.

Remember, if it weren't for the Times sitting on the story
of Bush's wiretap scandal until after the election, your boy
wouldn't have won. But what have they done for you lately?

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Martin Baxter

"Capt. Rob" wrote:

Thanks, but no thanks. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a marina
where the caliber of seamanship is so low that the patrons require
instructions to properly secure there vessels.

Sorry, Marty, but we don't trust people to tie up their boats properly.
We don't trust them to refuel at our docks. We don't even trust them to
keep the docks clear. The condo run marina is quite strict and enforces
these rules to maintain the lowest insurance rates around. It also give
me piece of mind. How do I know if YOU can tie up your boat properly?
We make the lines and rig them our way. Seems to work as we're the
safest and busiest spot around and filled 100% again this year.

You're filled 100% with slips for sale/rent, seems contradictory. What
kind of insurance company bases rates on which marina one uses? Enough
of this, you're so full of it that one can't conduct any sort of
meaningful discourse with you.

Cheers
Marty

Marina recommendations in North Carolina RCE General 55 March 16th 11 06:17 AM
Vermilion River/My Marina Flooding JimH General 7 June 24th 06 11:48 PM
Marina Etiquette Roger Long Cruising 26 June 14th 06 08:31 AM
Loaner life jackets for kids [email protected] General 0 May 8th 06 05:55 PM
Marina rip offs and horror stories. Eric Cruising 7 December 1st 05 03:46 AM