posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Default Guess which marina?

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...

Now, if it were such a deal, wouldn't it have sold very fast? Why did
he
have to keep advertising on Craigslist?

It's still for sale, Bob. 32 foot slip. 14K takes it. I also have a
40, but that's 25K. They are not easy to sell, though I've moved a few.

RB
35s5
NY

http://query.nytimes.com/gst/fullpag...C1A9609482 60

TWENTY YEARS AGO:
"Yet the reason for buying expressed by Peter Simone, who owns a slip at the
Minneford Marina on City Island, is somewhat different. ''I bought the slip
for investment purposes for the same reason that one might buy a condominium
apartment,'' said Mr. Simone, who is in the bakery business in Yonkers.
''Early this year I paid $32,000 for a slip for my 24-foot cabin cruiser.
Since then, the price for an identical slip has risen to $44,000. Plus I
enjoy the use of my boat.'' Even Artemis C. Crimmins Jr., the developer of
the Minneford Marina, said he was surprised at the rise in value of the
slips. At his marina, the slips are sold on a cooperative share basis,
although offerings are being made through condominium plans and 99-year
leaseholds elsewhere in the country. "

"YEAH, THAT'S THE TICKET!"

"Back when I used to date Morgan Fairchild..."

MAJOR BUSTED!!!!!!!!!

CATACLYSMIC DOUBLE SMACKDOWN!!!!!!!

Wooooooooooooooooo - Hooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

STI ! What a lie!

Tribeca! Another lie!

KIA - Another lie!

35s5 - Lie!

Your Corolla owned by someone who works for you! Evidence of the
pathological nature!

Yeah, that's the ticket!

Alligators in the ocean!

3000 miles from NY to NC!

That's the ticket!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 08:32:26 -0600, "Bob Crantz"
said:

After reading the article, isn't it strange that RB is selling slips at
1/2
price on Craigslist when doctors and lawyers are paying through the nose
for
them?

His asking prices were much, much lower than those quoted in the article -
at the same marina!

Not at all surprising. The Times should be read for entertainment, not for
information. Its reporters have an uncanny ability to write the story they
imagine rather than reality. Most probably their reporter didn't talk to
anyone other than the marina and condo operators for the article.

Twenty years ago a slip "went" for $40,000. Today, RB is selling them for
$14,000 (bigger slip, same marina).

So using the time value of money, the slip really sold for $1700 back then?

Obviously someone is lying.

Are you saying RB is more credible than the NYT?

Yeah, that's the ticket!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Martin Baxter

"Capt. Rob" wrote:

Marty, you're just sooo silly. If you doubt what I say, just call. Ask
for the fellow in charge of sailboats. You'll be given my #.

Thanks, but no thanks. I wouldn't want to be anywhere near a marina
where the caliber of seamanship is so low that the patrons require
instructions to properly secure there vessels.

When did Arte sell? Did he get more than $20,000 per slip?

Cheers
Marty
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

I'm always shocked by the number of boats not sailing. Most of the boats are
well kept after, but seem never to go out.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Martin Baxter" wrote in message

"''One of my discoveries,'' Mr. Crimmins said, ''is that boat owners in
this area spend more time aboard their boats at the dock than they do
aboard their boats out on the water, so they want pleasant facilities
near at hand ashore.''

Cheers
Marty
Want to have instant messaging, and chat rooms, and discussion
groups for your local users or business, you need dbabble!
-- See http://netwinsite.com/sponsor/sponsor_dbabble.htm ----

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Yeah, I guess that's why Bush is so upset with them about the SWIFT story.
They write fiction, right?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

said:

After reading the article, isn't it strange that RB is selling slips at
1/2
price on Craigslist when doctors and lawyers are paying through the nose
for
them?

His asking prices were much, much lower than those quoted in the article -
at the same marina!

Not at all surprising. The Times should be read for entertainment, not for
information. Its reporters have an uncanny ability to write the story they
imagine rather than reality. Most probably their reporter didn't talk to
anyone other than the marina and condo operators for the article.

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Dave wrote:
On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:32:54 -0600, "Bob Crantz"
said:

Twenty years ago a slip "went" for $40,000. Today, RB is selling them for
$14,000 (bigger slip, same marina).

So using the time value of money, the slip really sold for $1700 back then?

Obviously someone is lying.

Are you saying RB is more credible than the NYT?

Yeah, that's the ticket!

I know the marina. Hauled my boat there winter before last. I wouldn't pay
anywhere near $40,000 for the privilege of paying more money annually to
keep a boat there.

From the pictures it looks cheap with crowded pencil thin piers.
The place has gone so far downhill for the last 20 yrs the prices of
slips has followed.

Who want's to own a cess pool pier?

I've seen RB at the marina. I've seen his ads.

have you recovered?

In this case and on this topic, yes, I'd say RB has greater credibility than
some junior reporter writing for the Times.

Not saying much. The Times is full of idiots and traitors willing to
get Americans killed to sell it's trash. Isn't M. Moore a roving
reporter for the NY Slimes?

Anyone who supports or buys a NY Times is paying to get American
killed.

(I also have a daughter who is
an occasional correspondent for one of the Times's other papers, so know at
least a bit about how these stories get written and printed.)

Bummer, I hope she found an honorable place to work.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

said:

Twenty years ago a slip "went" for $40,000. Today, RB is selling them for
$14,000 (bigger slip, same marina).

So using the time value of money, the slip really sold for $1700 back
then?

Obviously someone is lying.

Are you saying RB is more credible than the NYT?

Yeah, that's the ticket!

I know the marina. Hauled my boat there winter before last. I wouldn't pay
anywhere near $40,000 for the privilege of paying more money annually to
keep a boat there.

I've seen RB at the marina. I've seen his ads.

In this case and on this topic, yes, I'd say RB has greater credibility
than
some junior reporter writing for the Times. (I also have a daughter who is
an occasional correspondent for one of the Times's other papers, so know
at
least a bit about how these stories get written and printed.)

What is the going price for a slip there? Is it closer to 40K or 14K?

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

Dave wrote:
In this case and on this topic, yes, I'd say RB has greater credibility than
some junior reporter writing for the Times. (I also have a daughter who is
an occasional correspondent for one of the Times's other papers, so know at
least a bit about how these stories get written and printed.)

Let's see, on one hand we have a century old news
organization that is respected world wide. On the other
hand, we have a pathological liar/internet BS artist.

But wait, the Times is wunna-them dadgum libby-rull traitor
newspapers, iddnit? Well then, case closed. We'll go with
the internet BS artist!

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

Bushco is never wrong... at least they never admit it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Charlie Morgan" wrote in message
On 28 Jun 2006 13:35:02 -0500, Dave wrote:

On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 09:24:10 -0700, "Capt. JG"
said:

Yeah, I guess that's why Bush is so upset with them about the SWIFT
story.
They write fiction, right?

My favorite section of the Times in page 2. That's where they tell you
about
the mistakes they made in the last edition, or at least the ones they have
to admit to. The corrections are hilarious. Today's said their front page
story yesterday "referred incorrectly" to the Israeli soldier that was
captured recently. The article had said he was the first to be captured.
The
correction said he was the fourth since 1990.

Note they never say they got it wrong--just that they "referred
incorrectly"
when they said one instead of four.

"Sorry, judge. I referred incorrectly to the light when I said it was
green.
It was red."

Hey, that tactic works so well for the Bush Administration, why
shouldn't the Times be allowed to use it too?

Every mistake Bush makes WRT Iraq gets blamed on "Bad Intelligence"

The only difference is that Bushco never voluntarily makes retractions
or corrections.

CWM

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

I just hate to see the once-fine office of the Presidency reduced a
world-wide joke. It shames me as an American.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Dave" wrote in message
On Wed, 28 Jun 2006 15:28:43 -0400, Charlie Morgan said:

why
shouldn't the Times be allowed to use it too?

I just sorta hate to see what that once-fine paper has become. Sulzberger
sacked his executive editor and hired a "public editor" to try to restore
some credibility after the J. Blair fiasco. Unfortunately all this seems
be having little impact. Looks like he needs to replace Keller too.

Marina recommendations in North Carolina RCE General 55 March 16th 11 06:17 AM
Vermilion River/My Marina Flooding JimH General 7 June 24th 06 11:48 PM
Marina Etiquette Roger Long Cruising 26 June 14th 06 08:31 AM
Loaner life jackets for kids [email protected] General 0 May 8th 06 05:55 PM
Marina rip offs and horror stories. Eric Cruising 7 December 1st 05 03:46 AM