posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

Default Capt Rob Spends $27,950 for a KIA!!!

--
"Swab Rob" wrote
Or just keep the cash and buy something nice for yourself.

Better
camera? Some fine clothes...a night of fine food.

good advice, asswipe!

SV

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

I moved most of my money into an ING
savings account, it's at 4.25% interest today.

Yeah, take if from Scotty, who has nothing but poverty and a dead
mother with a DNR tattooed on her crotch for a lifetime of useless
effort.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

I have ''stuff'', I enjoy using my ''stuff'', but I don't
need to brag about it.

You just told us you have stuff and enjoying using it. Duh!
Go dig up your mom, dickface!

Bwahahahahhahahaha!

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Thom Stewart wrote:

Any suggestions? Remember I'm 80!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

The CBM of Tomorrow

Shale gas is essentially natural gas contained reservoirs predominantly
composed of shale with lesser amounts of other fine grained rocks
rather than from more conventional sandstone or limestone reservoirs.

Shale gas plays are considered area plays since shale gas, similar to
CBM, is often found over large contiguous areas.

The one of the big difference between shale gas and CBM is the recovery
rates.

You see, shale gas reservoirs generally result in recovery rates of
only 20% of original gas in place. That's much less compared to CMB
reservoirs which can recover up to 90%.

But here's the thing: that doesn't matter.

You see the organically rich shale gas reservoirs, once ignored by
drillers seeking easier plays and faster returns on their investments,
are now beginning to spark the interests of producers around the world
for one pure and simple reason: The massive in place gas that's trapped
inside the shale.

How much?

Estimates for North American shale gas are as high as 1,000 trillion
cubic feet of in place resources!!!

Moreover shale gas production has a few upsides to CBM production.

Shale gas reservoirs have long production lives (up to 30 years) as
well as having low decline rates (generally less than 5% per year).

So you can see why any producer would be interested in tapping into
this reserve.

The major oil and gas companies are already starting to sniff around
for shale gas properties.

The Engine to Change it All?"
The technology is so revolutionary that it's being headlined on CNBC,
FoxNews, MSNBC and CNN.

The stock's already up more than 261% since March! But with major
Defense contracts already underway and the drooling interest from the
Big Three Automakers, I think it's going to go a lot higher

Buy Leroy Ventures (TSX-V:LRV ; $2.05)

Leroy Ventures is an emerging natural resource company engaged in the
business of acquiring, exploring and developing shale gas properties,
both in Canada as well as abroad.

Now, we're going to start with a 50,000 foot view of Leroy and then
we're going to go into a lot more detail in subsequent issues.

The plan for Leroy right now is to get some sort of production, be it
oil or conventional gas, and get some cash flowing in the door in order
to build the company and support the month to month operations.

The company already has some prospects that will help them achieve
this. But these projects are not part of the big picture.

The goal is to get the ball rolling and then go after the real money
makers, the shale gas projects.

Leroy is basically where Storm Cat was three years ago. They're young,
excited, and hungry to make money...just the way I like them

Leroy is also working toward getting the right people on board.

Now, I know I talk about the people behind these resource companies a
lot. But the fact is that this a paramount issue. Especially in shale
gas arena as there are only a handful of people that know what they're
doing because shale gas so new.

And here's the thing with the people Leroy is lining up: Almost
everyone associated with Leroy from consultants and advisors, to
directors and officers were also involved in the formative stages of
StormCat Energy. That's why I'm calling Leroy "StormCat II".

Bottom line: Shale gas is going to be huge...and Leroy Ventures will be
producing gas from shale while the rest of the resource companies are
just hearing about it.

I can foresee this becoming another long ball home run for us. Buy the
stock, have some patience, and let it happen. This is just the
beginning.

Joe

posted to alt.sailing.asa
DSK

(Thom Stewart) wrote:
Right now,today, my Checking Account is over $30,000.

mm, that's a lot of money to have sitting in your checking
account.

.... Have an
appointment Monday with Merrill Lynch to make it start doing some work
for me. Also going the give Smith Barney etc a chance also.

Any suggestions? Remember I'm 80!

I've had investment accounts with both firms. A lot depends
on the local rep, but IMHO Merril Lynch is not the one to pick.

Mys Terry wrote:
It's not enough money to do any substantial work for you, Thom.

Oh yeah, just forget about it, at 5% it's only $125 month or
$1500 a year... not worth picking up off the sidewalk, huh?

... I would suggest
that you don't invest it in any way that would make it hard to access quickly
and without penalties if "something" comes up.

"something" like what?

I would suggest you stick to your internet stalking and quit
pretending to actually know anything about batteries or
money... or anything, for that matter.

Scotty wrote:
Do you have a savings account? Is it an interest earning
checking account? Is this a troll?

I don't think it's a troll, for one thing it's Ol' Thom and
for another, he just sold his boat.

Thom, at the very least, I wouldn't keep that much in a
checking account. I moved most of my money into an ING
savings account, it's at 4.25% interest today. I keep a
small amount in my local bank, checking account, just to pay
bills and such. You can withdrawal the ING money at any
time, un like a CD. I don't like taking risks , as in
playing the market. I like CDs.

There's "playing the market" and then there's investing in
it. However I wouldn't suggest Thom buy any stocks, or even
a stock mutual fund, at his age. It's the best way to beat
inflation and grow capital over a long term, but that means
a time horizon of 10 years +. If OTOH Thom is interested in
long term capital growth, a no-load index fund would be ideal.

Most banks will automatically roll over a CD and not charge
a penalty to withdraw after the first period, so if you know
you won't need the money for the next 30 days or 90 days,
that's one route. Make *sure* to ask specifically what the
bank policies are on this, and get it in writing. Another
possibility is a bond fund, either a tax-free or a US
Treasuries fund. Bond funds start paying interest the same
day you buy them, and they are very stable. The issue here
is the sales charge or load, which is why one should shop
around. Money can be pulled out of a mutual fund at any
time, so if "something" comes up, you're in clover.

DSK

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt.Mooron

"Mys Terry" wrote in message

My parents are still in their own home at a cost of about $250k per year.
I'm
sure we could do something else cheaper.

You pay condo fees on a crypt?? Too bad you're about 20 years too late to
donate their genetically worthless carcasses to scientific research.

CM-

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Thom Stewart

Thanks Scotty,

I used the Checking account for the Wire Transfer this past Holiday
Week-end. I have a Merrill Lynch Mng Account, made up rather heavy in
Munc. Bond (Tax Free) drawing from 5.250% -to 6.125%. The higher paying
Bonds are being re-claimed at a pretty alarming rate.

I have a very Comfortable Pension; even after 22years. So. I'm looking
seriously at making the money from the sale of "Pneuma" to do a little
more work for me.

Where is "Capt America" when I need him?!!

Keep talking though. I'll probably just plow it into ML Fund but Ol Thom
got a few extra bucks; thanks to Pneuma and it may just be time to
"GYBE" Feels kind of nice after all the Sadness of losing her. So.
let's hear what others ASA'er think:^)

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

posted to alt.sailing.asa
NotPony

Thom,
If you're comfortable without it, why not consider
'investing' in the future of sailing. Find a good
community sailing center in your area and give the
money to them. There are lots of them who are
really trying to promote sailing.
Go visit some of them and if you like what they're
doing, support them. Think of all the enjoyment
Pneuma gave you, and then let the proceeds help
others get that same enjoyment.
S.

"Thom Stewart" wrote in
message
: Thanks Scotty,
:
[...]

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 15:25:54 -0700, (Thom Stewart)
wrote:

Hey Nutsy,

Right now,today, my Checking Account is over $30,000. Have an
appointment Monday with Merrill Lynch to make it start doing some work
for me. Also going the give Smith Barney etc a chance also.

Any suggestions? Remember I'm 80!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

Thom, at your age I would just put it in short term CD's. Rates on
short term CD's with internet banks that are FDIC insured are almost
equal to rates on 10 year CD's. Go to money-rates.com to get the best
deal. At least that get's it out of a checking account that even if it
is interest bearing, has got to be very low.

Another possibility would be the several internet banks that have
money market accounts over 4.25 percent. No tie up at all. Go to the
source mentionecd above.

At 80, if Merrill Lynch or any other broker puts you in stocks and it
is money you might need, they are doing you a disservice.

Frank
posted to alt.sailing.asa
Scotty

"DSK" wrote in message
. ..

[...]

I have money in mutual funds, from long ago. I also gave my
Son some money to 'play the market'. He's into that sort of
thing and knows what he's doing (unlike me). But I still
like the security of an insured CD.

Scotty

I wonder if Capt. Neal is drunk? Lady Pilot ASA 7 June 1st 06 08:44 AM
Capt. RB Buys a Kia Capt. Rob ASA 81 May 31st 06 12:10 AM
Disappointed - Capt. Rob didn't show Frank Boettcher ASA 0 May 15th 06 04:26 PM
Where's that Capt. Neal guy? Lloyd Bonafide ASA 12 February 15th 06 11:18 PM
Capt. Nemo rgnmstr ASA 12 October 22nd 05 03:27 AM