posted to alt.sailing.asa
Joe

Default Capt Rob Spends $27,950 for a KIA!!!

Thom Stewart wrote:

Any suggestions? Remember I'm 80!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

The CBM of Tomorrow

Shale gas is essentially natural gas contained reservoirs predominantly
composed of shale with lesser amounts of other fine grained rocks
rather than from more conventional sandstone or limestone reservoirs.

Shale gas plays are considered area plays since shale gas, similar to
CBM, is often found over large contiguous areas.

The one of the big difference between shale gas and CBM is the recovery
rates.

You see, shale gas reservoirs generally result in recovery rates of
only 20% of original gas in place. That's much less compared to CMB
reservoirs which can recover up to 90%.

But here's the thing: that doesn't matter.

You see the organically rich shale gas reservoirs, once ignored by
drillers seeking easier plays and faster returns on their investments,
are now beginning to spark the interests of producers around the world
for one pure and simple reason: The massive in place gas that's trapped
inside the shale.

How much?

Estimates for North American shale gas are as high as 1,000 trillion
cubic feet of in place resources!!!

Moreover shale gas production has a few upsides to CBM production.

Shale gas reservoirs have long production lives (up to 30 years) as
well as having low decline rates (generally less than 5% per year).

So you can see why any producer would be interested in tapping into
this reserve.

The major oil and gas companies are already starting to sniff around
for shale gas properties.

The Engine to Change it All?"
The technology is so revolutionary that it's being headlined on CNBC,
FoxNews, MSNBC and CNN.

The stock's already up more than 261% since March! But with major
Defense contracts already underway and the drooling interest from the
Big Three Automakers, I think it's going to go a lot higher

Buy Leroy Ventures (TSX-V:LRV ; $2.05)

Leroy Ventures is an emerging natural resource company engaged in the
business of acquiring, exploring and developing shale gas properties,
both in Canada as well as abroad.

Now, we're going to start with a 50,000 foot view of Leroy and then
we're going to go into a lot more detail in subsequent issues.

The plan for Leroy right now is to get some sort of production, be it
oil or conventional gas, and get some cash flowing in the door in order
to build the company and support the month to month operations.

The company already has some prospects that will help them achieve
this. But these projects are not part of the big picture.

The goal is to get the ball rolling and then go after the real money
makers, the shale gas projects.

Leroy is basically where Storm Cat was three years ago. They're young,
excited, and hungry to make money...just the way I like them

Leroy is also working toward getting the right people on board.

Now, I know I talk about the people behind these resource companies a
lot. But the fact is that this a paramount issue. Especially in shale
gas arena as there are only a handful of people that know what they're
doing because shale gas so new.

And here's the thing with the people Leroy is lining up: Almost
everyone associated with Leroy from consultants and advisors, to
directors and officers were also involved in the formative stages of
StormCat Energy. That's why I'm calling Leroy "StormCat II".

Bottom line: Shale gas is going to be huge...and Leroy Ventures will be
producing gas from shale while the rest of the resource companies are
just hearing about it.

I can foresee this becoming another long ball home run for us. Buy the
stock, have some patience, and let it happen. This is just the
beginning.

Joe