posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

Default Capt Rob Spends $27,950 for a KIA!!!

On Sat, 3 Jun 2006 15:25:54 -0700, (Thom Stewart)
wrote:

Hey Nutsy,

Right now,today, my Checking Account is over $30,000. Have an
appointment Monday with Merrill Lynch to make it start doing some work
for me. Also going the give Smith Barney etc a chance also.

Any suggestions? Remember I'm 80!

http://community.webtv.net/tassail/ThomPage

Thom, at your age I would just put it in short term CD's. Rates on
short term CD's with internet banks that are FDIC insured are almost
equal to rates on 10 year CD's. Go to money-rates.com to get the best
deal. At least that get's it out of a checking account that even if it
is interest bearing, has got to be very low.

Another possibility would be the several internet banks that have
money market accounts over 4.25 percent. No tie up at all. Go to the
source mentionecd above.

At 80, if Merrill Lynch or any other broker puts you in stocks and it
is money you might need, they are doing you a disservice.

Frank