posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

Default New Dinghy

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
OzOne wrote in message
On Wed, 10 May 2006 22:13:37 GMT, "Maxprop"
scribbled thusly:

I doubt if Lance Armstrong could claim such perfection.

Max

Bubbles doesn't do drugs ;-)

Maybe he should?

Please, Jon. He's barely tolerable as it is.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Frank Boettcher" wrote in message
On 10 May 2006 05:45:04 -0700, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

I ran 3 miles this morning......... There is no one here who can match my
speed, strength or even
come close.

So prove it! GumTree 10K this Saturday. Come on down. Still time to
enter. I'll be there, looking for a PB for that distance.

He only ran three miles, and he didn't say how long it took him to do so. A
10K is twice that long, and the organizers generally pack up and go home
after two hours or so.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. JG

When you're right, you're right.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Capt. JG" wrote in message
OzOne wrote in message
On Wed, 10 May 2006 22:13:37 GMT, "Maxprop"
scribbled thusly:

I doubt if Lance Armstrong could claim such perfection.

Max

Bubbles doesn't do drugs ;-)

Maybe he should?

Please, Jon. He's barely tolerable as it is.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

He only ran three miles, and he didn't say how long it took him to do
so.

I run slow, Maxi. 9-10 minute miles...and easy jog to keep my legs
strong and my heart working properly. I genereally build to a full run
in the last 1/4 and sprint the last. I also train with light weights,
high reps. I'm off today, but tomorrow I'll do another short run.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

On 11 May 2006 03:15:27 -0700, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

He only ran three miles, and he didn't say how long it took him to do
so.

I run slow, Maxi. 9-10 minute miles...

Certainly nothing wrong with that, a good training pace. It just
doesn't support your contention that no one who posts here can match
your speed. Busted again.

Frank

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
He only ran three miles, and he didn't say how long it took him to do
so.

I run slow, Maxi. 9-10 minute miles...and easy jog to keep my legs
strong and my heart working properly. I genereally build to a full run
in the last 1/4 and sprint the last. I also train with light weights,
high reps. I'm off today, but tomorrow I'll do another short run.

My running mates and I would leave you pretty far behind. Training for a
half-marathon (two years ago) we averaged 6.5 to 7 minute miles--not too
shabby for a bunch of old farts. Now we just run for conditioning, but we
still average sub-8 miles. I've been gradually switching to bicycling over
the past year or so, thanks to aging knees. Less impact. I also
rollerblade--I won three criteriums (criteria?) last year in my age
group--over 45.

Max

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Capt. Rob

My running mates and I would leave you pretty far behind. Training for
half-marathon (two years ago) we averaged 6.5 to 7 minute miles--not
too
shabby for a bunch of old farts. Now we just run for conditioning, but
we
still average sub-8 miles.

Once again you failed to research anything, Maxi. Anyone can run fast,
but if your simply running for conditioning you're better off with less
sustained impact via slower miles. A sprint will get your HR up without
damage to knees and ankles. If you run the way I do, you can do it for
a long time and keep in better shape than with biking in most cases.
By the way, a marathon is 26 miles and up. Anything less is a run. Half
marathon is a term for halfwits.

RB
35s5
NY

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

I run slow, Maxi. 9-10 minute miles...and easy jog to keep my legs
strong and my heart working properly. I genereally build to a full run
in the last 1/4 and sprint the last. I also train with light weights,
high reps. I'm off today, but tomorrow I'll do another short run.

My running mates and I would leave you pretty far behind. Training for a
half-marathon (two years ago) we averaged 6.5 to 7 minute miles--not too
shabby for a bunch of old farts. Now we just run for conditioning, but we
still average sub-8 miles. I've been gradually switching to bicycling
over the past year or so, thanks to aging knees. Less impact. I also
rollerblade--I won three criteriums (criteria?) last year in my age
group--over 45.

Max

You won 3 crits. Are you racing USCF? Usually the guys that still race over
45 are very good, pretty much untouchable by guys just entering the sport
(cycling). Or are those rollerblade crits?

Amen!

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
ups.com...

If you run the way I do, you can do it for
a long time and keep in better shape than with biking in most cases.

You're a marshmellow:

http://www.bicyclerace.com/

posted to alt.sailing.asa
Frank Boettcher

On 11 May 2006 06:00:21 -0700, "Capt. Rob" wrote:

My running mates and I would leave you pretty far behind. Training for
half-marathon (two years ago) we averaged 6.5 to 7 minute miles--not
too
shabby for a bunch of old farts. Now we just run for conditioning, but
we
still average sub-8 miles.

Once again you failed to research anything, Maxi. Anyone can run fast,
but if your simply running for conditioning you're better off with less
sustained impact via slower miles.

Those speeds are very respectable for the given age but not
necessarily fast. If sub 8 is a conversational pace it is the correct
pace for distance training. depends on the individual. And no,
"anyone" cannot necessarily run fast.

A sprint will get your HR up without
damage to knees and ankles.

For conditioning it is heart rate over time that matters. Occaisonal
short sprints don't do it, but are better than nothing. You need
intervals or tempo runs alternating with conversational distance. At
59, I run thirty miles a week with a long run of 6.3 miles, a day off,
and a day of 440 intervals (which I hate, but are necessary so I won't
be embarrassed in competition). My ankles and knees are holding up
fine. I run most miles on trails rather than pavement in support of
those knees.

If you run the way I do, you can do it for
a long time and keep in better shape than with biking in most cases.

Not necessarily. Biking is still heart rate over time and working the
muscles. But the way you run is fine.

By the way, a marathon is 26 miles and up. Anything less is a run.
Half
marathon is a term for halfwits.

What an idiotic statement!

Frank,
Who can shut down Bobsprit at any distance!

RB
35s5
NY

Electric motor to power a dinghy revisited [email protected] Cruising 25 July 24th 06 01:13 PM
Floating dinghy painters are available. Roger Long Cruising 12 January 24th 06 04:13 AM
Handheld aboard dinghy [email protected] Electronics 9 November 29th 05 09:01 PM
The Best Dinghy! Capt. Rob ASA 1 November 11th 05 02:49 AM
Stowing Dinghy on Pacific Seacraft 34 db9 Cruising 13 October 14th 05 06:18 PM