posted to alt.sailing.asa
Maxprop

Default New Dinghy

"Capt. Rob" wrote in message
oups.com...
He only ran three miles, and he didn't say how long it took him to do
so.

I run slow, Maxi. 9-10 minute miles...and easy jog to keep my legs
strong and my heart working properly. I genereally build to a full run
in the last 1/4 and sprint the last. I also train with light weights,
high reps. I'm off today, but tomorrow I'll do another short run.

My running mates and I would leave you pretty far behind. Training for a
half-marathon (two years ago) we averaged 6.5 to 7 minute miles--not too
shabby for a bunch of old farts. Now we just run for conditioning, but we
still average sub-8 miles. I've been gradually switching to bicycling over
the past year or so, thanks to aging knees. Less impact. I also
rollerblade--I won three criteriums (criteria?) last year in my age
group--over 45.

Max