posted to alt.sailing.asa
Bob Crantz

Default New Dinghy

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

I run slow, Maxi. 9-10 minute miles...and easy jog to keep my legs
strong and my heart working properly. I genereally build to a full run
in the last 1/4 and sprint the last. I also train with light weights,
high reps. I'm off today, but tomorrow I'll do another short run.

My running mates and I would leave you pretty far behind. Training for a
half-marathon (two years ago) we averaged 6.5 to 7 minute miles--not too
shabby for a bunch of old farts. Now we just run for conditioning, but we
still average sub-8 miles. I've been gradually switching to bicycling
over the past year or so, thanks to aging knees. Less impact. I also
rollerblade--I won three criteriums (criteria?) last year in my age
group--over 45.

Max

You won 3 crits. Are you racing USCF? Usually the guys that still race over
45 are very good, pretty much untouchable by guys just entering the sport
(cycling). Or are those rollerblade crits?

Amen!