Vito

Default Shoot em up!

OzOne wrote
Seems US soldiers think the Iraqis are now driving around in armoured
vehicles !?

No, they don't think - period. Many are just scared trigger-happy kids with
the maturity of 6 year olds. They are not the same young men who fought WW2
or even in Nam altho we are seeing a a mix of maturity and immaturity.
Daniel Boone and Jess Chisohm were preteens when they began their
adventures. By contrast, many urban and suburban kids don't leave home until
they are 30. Their parents and schools have purposely retarded them. They
were never allowed to fight, let alone handle weapons. All of a sudden they
are in Iraq guarding a checkpoint. Mama isn't there any more and they've
seen what happens if they let a suicide bomber near them ,so they're like
terrified children lost in a woods full of boogy men. Not a good mix to
assure a calm appraisal of any situation, let alone a life or death one. So,
unless there is a mature (not necessarily older) officer or non-com to
prevent it, their response to any perceived danger is to blindly spray it
with bullets. Too bad.

Joe

Vito wrote:
OzOne wrote
Seems US soldiers think the Iraqis are now driving around in

armoured
vehicles !?

No but Us soldiers know some are driving around big bombs that will
vaporize you.

No, they don't think - period.

Bull**** Vito....What makes you say something so dumb?

Many are just scared trigger-happy kids with
the maturity of 6 year olds. They are not the same young men who

fought WW2
or even in Nam altho we are seeing a a mix of maturity and

immaturity.

Geeee we saw that in Nam and WW11.

Daniel Boone and Jess Chisohm were preteens when they began their
adventures. By contrast, many urban and suburban kids don't leave

home until
they are 30.

Maybe the panty waste surbanite's you live around.

Their parents and schools have purposely retarded them. They
were never allowed to fight, let alone handle weapons. All of a

sudden they
are in Iraq guarding a checkpoint. Mama isn't there any more and

they've
seen what happens if they let a suicide bomber near them

Yeah you see your buddy blown into little peices you do not take
chances and let any vehicle speed up to your position, and BTW any of
the locals with half a brain know that.

,so they're like
terrified children lost in a woods full of boogy men. Not a good mix

assure a calm appraisal of any situation, let alone a life or death

one. So,
unless there is a mature (not necessarily older) officer or non-com

prevent it, their response to any perceived danger is to blindly

spray it
with bullets.

Better safe than sorry

Too bad.

What that more suicide bomber do not get close enough to vaporize them?

Sheeeeeze no wonder none of your kids fight growing up. Seems like you
folks teach them to bend over and take it.

Joe

Vito

"Joe" wrote.

Vito wrote:
No, they don't think - period.

Bull**** Vito....What makes you say something so dumb?

Because -
Many are just scared trigger-happy kids with the maturity of 6 year olds.

Geeee we saw that in Nam and WW11.

A lot more in 'Nam than before. Remember that Patton got in trouble for
disciplining a 'coward'. Times change Now we don't call it cowardice. Its
considered normal to be so scared your brain trips off line if a vehicle
approaches?

Daniel Boone and Jess Chisohm were preteens when they began their
adventures. By contrast, many urban and suburban kids don't leave home

until
they are 30.

Maybe the panty waste surbanite's you live around.

But those panty waste suburbanites are exactly what I'm talking about. And
they far outnumber kids who grew up around danger nowdays. They can't deal
with it rationally.

Yeah you see your buddy blown into little peices you do not take
chances and let any vehicle speed up to your position, and BTW any of
the locals with half a brain know that.

As Oz pointed out, suicide bombers don't drive Bulgarian APC's. The only
reason to fire on one is that you are too scared to think of that - or
anything else. If you are so fearful you cannot let an APC approach your
position without firing on it, knowing that only friendlies have APCs, then
you shouldn't have a gun. Did GIs in Nam shoot at every helo they saw?

Better safe than sorry

That's the attitude that gave us the Waco Massacre.

Sheeeeeze no wonder none of your kids fight growing up. Seems like you
folks teach them to bend over and take it.

You're right but the fact that a condition exists doesn't mean I like it. I
grew up in the rural west - in a house my folks bought from a widow whos
husband'd been shot by the man next door. Moved to south central LA in Jr
Hi - am still amused that most folks never saw another kid killed or even
maimed in hi school. I learned to take a cool rational approach to danger
rather than panicing. If I hadn't I wouldn't be here. Todays kids don't have
those advantages- they're kept a pets. Call it progress .....

Joe

Vito wrote:
"Joe" wrote.

Vito wrote:
[...]

The point is... if any cars driver is so dumb as to approch a military
check point hauling ass and failing to do as instructed he deserves to
be taken out, bullit ridden, killed. If I saw a vehicle failing to slow
down, or stop as instructed then I unload on it, that would be the
smart thing to do.

If you are so fearful you cannot let an APC approach your
position without firing on it, knowing that only friendlies have

APCs, then
you shouldn't have a gun.

What APC can not be stolen? Are APC drivers immune to common sence?

Did GIs in Nam shoot at every helo they saw?

Better safe than sorry

That's the attitude that gave us the Waco Massacre.

No what gave us waco is a bunch of yahoo ATF agents going up against a
group of well armed people. All the ATF had to do was take down Korish
in town and then serve a warrent, But no....... they felt better
kicking in windows like macho men.

Sheeeeeze no wonder none of your kids fight growing up. Seems like

you
folks teach them to bend over and take it.

You're right but the fact that a condition exists doesn't mean I like

it. I
grew up in the rural west - in a house my folks bought from a widow

whos
husband'd been shot by the man next door. Moved to south central LA

in Jr
Hi - am still amused that most folks never saw another kid killed or

even
maimed in hi school. I learned to take a cool rational approach to

danger
rather than panicing. If I hadn't I wouldn't be here. Todays kids

don't have
those advantages- they're kept a pets. Call it progress .....

Well most rural farm boys that joined up durin WW11 most likely never
killed anyone, or had more fist fights than the average kid that joins
today.

I have no problem what so ever in our troops blowing away any vehicle
that fails to follow instructions. We know and everyone in Iraq knows
for a fact that the insurgents use vehicles of all types as suicide
kamakizi type bombs. If some brain dead retard want to committ suicide
by check point.... then Iraq is the place to be.

Joe

Vito

"Joe" wrote

The point is... if any cars driver is so dumb as to approch a military
check point hauling ass and failing to do as instructed he deserves to
be taken out, bullit ridden, killed. If I saw a vehicle failing to slow
down, or stop as instructed then I unload on it, that would be the
smart thing to do.

True - but not applicable to this discussion. Here a Bulgarian APC was
routinely patroling near a US checkpoint when fired upon, killing the
exposed gunner.

If you are so fearful you cannot let an APC approach your
position without firing on it, knowing that only friendlies have
APCs, then you shouldn't have a gun.

What APC can not be stolen? Are APC drivers immune to common sence?

Not very likely - certainly not likely enough to fire without warning. I
repeat ....

Did GIs in Nam shoot at every helo they saw? Helos can be stolen too.

Better safe than sorry

That's the attitude that gave us the Waco Massacre.

No what gave us waco is a bunch of yahoo ATF agents going up against a
group of well armed people. All the ATF had to do was take down Korish
in town and then serve a warrent, But no....... they felt better
kicking in windows like macho men.

The shooting began when an ATF agent getting out of the lead cattle trailer
accidentally fired; then the agent riding shotgun in the 2nd truck paniced
and hosed Koresh and the toddler he was carrying. It didn't stop til ATF
ran out of bullets.

Well most rural farm boys that joined up durin WW11 most likely never
killed anyone, or had more fist fights than the average kid that joins

today.

Nonsense! Never killed anyone but had alot more fights. The after school
fight was a near daily occurrence in my day (post ww2). Any kid that got
thru school without a 'shiner' or fat lip was a sissy! Now schools have
"zero tolerence" - even a hint of aggression gets kids expelled.

I have no problem what so ever in our troops blowing away any vehicle
that fails to follow instructions. We know and everyone in Iraq knows
for a fact that the insurgents use vehicles of all types as suicide
kamakizi type bombs. If some brain dead retard want to committ suicide
by check point.... then Iraq is the place to be.

No, we do not know that insurgents use vehicles of "all types". AFAIK they
have never used an APC with Bulgarian markings. You keep trying to make this
a case where a vehicle charged a checkpoint. It was not. The APC had been
slowly patroling the street supporting US troops looking for terrorists. It
spotted some men running and fired a few rounds at them. The terrified kids
panicked like ATF agents and hosed down the APC. That's a far different
horse than you keep describing.

Joe

If you would be so kind is to re-post OZes BS left wing pinko down
under news I can commit on the specifics of the APC.

But in general what I say is true about Iraq.

It's a shame kids resorted to shooting and stabbing each other rather
than an old fashion fight behind the gym ect.. I had a few myself, I
usually tried to avoid them, but once in one I wasent go to be the one
with a fat lip or black eye, and the thought of using a gun or knife
was never done in my time. After the colombine shootout I guess schools
feel they must take a zero tolerance stand. Here in Texas we even had a
rifle range at our school.

Still I do not think learned aggression training at school is needed.
A good Marine or Army DI should be able to instill the proper attitude
needed to succeed in battle.

Joe

Joe

Vito

"Joe" wrote in message
ups.com...
If you would be so kind is to re-post OZes BS left wing pinko down
under news I can commit on the specifics of the APC

I'm too lazy. Someone posted a news story about shooting up a Bulgarian APC
killing the machinegunner. Oz wwondered what they were thinking. I replied
that they weren't thinking they were reacting in blind panic.

But in general what I say is true about Iraq.

In general, but generalities are dangerous.

Still I do not think learned aggression training at school is needed.

They were over aggressive IMHO.

The problem is their inability to keep a clear head and think logically when
faced with a scary situation. That takes mental conditioning that an only
be had from facing real threats over the years. Some kids still grow up
with it but ever more are too protected to ever encounter fear and learn to
act rationlly in the face of it.

Joe

Have you ever seen a Bulga APC?

http://www.perspectivamundial.com/20...mages/yugo.jpg