Vito

"Joe" wrote.

Vito wrote:
No, they don't think - period.

Bull**** Vito....What makes you say something so dumb?

Because -
Many are just scared trigger-happy kids with the maturity of 6 year olds.

Geeee we saw that in Nam and WW11.

A lot more in 'Nam than before. Remember that Patton got in trouble for
disciplining a 'coward'. Times change Now we don't call it cowardice. Its
considered normal to be so scared your brain trips off line if a vehicle
approaches?

Daniel Boone and Jess Chisohm were preteens when they began their
adventures. By contrast, many urban and suburban kids don't leave home

until
they are 30.

Maybe the panty waste surbanite's you live around.

But those panty waste suburbanites are exactly what I'm talking about. And
they far outnumber kids who grew up around danger nowdays. They can't deal
with it rationally.

Yeah you see your buddy blown into little peices you do not take
chances and let any vehicle speed up to your position, and BTW any of
the locals with half a brain know that.

As Oz pointed out, suicide bombers don't drive Bulgarian APC's. The only
reason to fire on one is that you are too scared to think of that - or
anything else. If you are so fearful you cannot let an APC approach your
position without firing on it, knowing that only friendlies have APCs, then
you shouldn't have a gun. Did GIs in Nam shoot at every helo they saw?

Better safe than sorry

That's the attitude that gave us the Waco Massacre.

Sheeeeeze no wonder none of your kids fight growing up. Seems like you
folks teach them to bend over and take it.

You're right but the fact that a condition exists doesn't mean I like it. I
grew up in the rural west - in a house my folks bought from a widow whos
husband'd been shot by the man next door. Moved to south central LA in Jr
Hi - am still amused that most folks never saw another kid killed or even
maimed in hi school. I learned to take a cool rational approach to danger
rather than panicing. If I hadn't I wouldn't be here. Todays kids don't have
those advantages- they're kept a pets. Call it progress .....