Capt. Neal®

Default Katy get a bigger dink

After reading your post about your overloaded dinghy I
feel I must comment for your safety and that of your
loved ones.

You should look for a bigger dinghy. Something in the ten-foot
range should suffice for your load.

May I suggest you look at a Walker Bay 10. You can sail it
and you can motor it and it carries a much larger load
than your present little pram.

BTW, put that fat dog on a diet before he gets
a stroke or something.

CN

Bobsprit

May I suggest you look at a Walker Bay 10. You can sail it
and you can motor it and it carries a much larger load
than your present little pram.

Get a portabote. More payload, stows properly and far better performance that
Neal wouldn't know about. They are not too attractive, but a dink is about
being safe and practical 1st and foremost.

RB
Bobsprit

BTW, put that fat dog on a diet before he gets
a stroke or something.

I guess I missed the pic of Scotty Potti on Katy's boat.

RB
katysails

It's not like we're going anywhere but from the dock to the boat it's a
swimmable distance..and Choppie's not fat at all...he's an Imperial
standard...they are much larger than the one's usually seen...Russian
bloodlines...
"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
After reading your post about your overloaded dinghy I
feel I must comment for your safety and that of your
loved ones.

You should look for a bigger dinghy. Something in the ten-foot
range should suffice for your load.

May I suggest you look at a Walker Bay 10. You can sail it
and you can motor it and it carries a much larger load
than your present little pram.

BTW, put that fat dog on a diet before he gets
a stroke or something.

CN

Bell

Bobsprit wrote:
May I suggest you look at a Walker Bay 10. You can sail it
and you can motor it and it carries a much larger load
than your present little pram.

Get a portabote. More payload, stows properly and far better
performance that Neal wouldn't know about. They are not too
attractive, but a dink is about being safe and practical 1st and
foremost.
I have one for sale on e-bay. I'll only charge you 2 times what have in
it, not the 4 times that I have set as the reserve

RB

Maxprop

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

After reading your post about your overloaded dinghy I
feel I must comment for your safety and that of your
loved ones.

You should look for a bigger dinghy. Something in the ten-foot
range should suffice for your load.

May I suggest you look at a Walker Bay 10. You can sail it
and you can motor it and it carries a much larger load
than your present little pram.

At a port not far from south from where Katy sails lives a boat builder
named Mike Kiefer. He's built some of the most beautiful lapstrake dinks
over the past 20 years or so, and a few of them come up for sale now and
then. They take a bit of maintenance and a lot of varnish, but nothing rows
or sails better than his boats. For the price of a Walker Bay 10, she and
Mr. Sails could have one of Mike's boats.

BTW, put that fat dog on a diet before he gets
a stroke or something.

Chopper could not be termed "fat" by any stretch of the imagination. He's a
strapping, big poodle with very slender lines, and while I haven't seen him
in full gallop, I imagine he's quite an athlete. No adipose on that canine.

Max

katysails

Mean you haven't heard me yelling "nyet" at him when he does something
wrong??? BTW, he loves borscht...

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"katysails" wrote in message

It's not like we're going anywhere but from the dock to the boat it's a
swimmable distance..and Choppie's not fat at all...he's an Imperial
standard...they are much larger than the one's usually seen...Russian
bloodlines...

Ah, so that's why he responds to Das Vidanya, and not Hi, Chopper.

Max

katysails

Chopper is the only dog I've ever seen that can run heeled over at 45
degrees....he's a terror on curves...when he was younger he jumped off the
deck (on topof our garage) into the driveway...Thought for sure he would
have broken a leg or four but he just shook himself off and kept
going...we're going to have to get him some sunglasses, though...he's 9 now
and starting to get cataracts...

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

[...]

Capt. Neal®

I agree with you on this one, Maxpoop.

If one is going to be a yachtsman, having a decent
dinghy is of paramount importance. Skimping you
your dinghy makes your entire operation a shabby
one.

A proper rowing and sailing dinghy opens up a whole
new world of sailing enjoyment and security.

One of the primary purposes of a proper dinghy
is to be able to row out to weather a large anchor
to use as a kedge in case one finds oneself aground
and in trouble on a lee shore. Katy's present dinghy
would sink before the job was done and her ship
could be destroyed all for the lack of a proper
dinghy.

The girl needs to get serious about sailing.

CN

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

[...]

katysails

Katy's dink doesn't sink...it just ships a lot of water...it has so much
positive floatation that the most it would do is turtle over...we have no
desire for a sailing dink...and we have no desire for an engine on the back
of the dink we have...we like how we do things..it is no reflection on
anything since many of the people at the yacht club have similar dinks as
ours...thank you for your concern, but there's really nor reason to fret..if
we were going to have an "accident" it would have occurred by now...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message
I agree with you on this one, Maxpoop.

If one is going to be a yachtsman, having a decent
dinghy is of paramount importance. Skimping you
your dinghy makes your entire operation a shabby
one.

A proper rowing and sailing dinghy opens up a whole
new world of sailing enjoyment and security.

One of the primary purposes of a proper dinghy
is to be able to row out to weather a large anchor
to use as a kedge in case one finds oneself aground
and in trouble on a lee shore. Katy's present dinghy
would sink before the job was done and her ship
could be destroyed all for the lack of a proper
dinghy.

The girl needs to get serious about sailing.

CN

"Maxprop" wrote in message
ink.net...