Capt. NealŪ

I agree with you on this one, Maxpoop.

If one is going to be a yachtsman, having a decent
dinghy is of paramount importance. Skimping you
your dinghy makes your entire operation a shabby
one.

A proper rowing and sailing dinghy opens up a whole
new world of sailing enjoyment and security.

One of the primary purposes of a proper dinghy
is to be able to row out to weather a large anchor
to use as a kedge in case one finds oneself aground
and in trouble on a lee shore. Katy's present dinghy
would sink before the job was done and her ship
could be destroyed all for the lack of a proper
dinghy.

The girl needs to get serious about sailing.

CN

"Maxprop" wrote in message ink.net...

"Capt. NealŪ" wrote in message

After reading your post about your overloaded dinghy I
feel I must comment for your safety and that of your
loved ones.

You should look for a bigger dinghy. Something in the ten-foot
range should suffice for your load.

May I suggest you look at a Walker Bay 10. You can sail it
and you can motor it and it carries a much larger load
than your present little pram.

At a port not far from south from where Katy sails lives a boat builder
named Mike Kiefer. He's built some of the most beautiful lapstrake dinks
over the past 20 years or so, and a few of them come up for sale now and
then. They take a bit of maintenance and a lot of varnish, but nothing rows
or sails better than his boats. For the price of a Walker Bay 10, she and
Mr. Sails could have one of Mike's boats.

BTW, put that fat dog on a diet before he gets
a stroke or something.

Chopper could not be termed "fat" by any stretch of the imagination. He's a
strapping, big poodle with very slender lines, and while I haven't seen him
in full gallop, I imagine he's quite an athlete. No adipose on that canine.

Max