DSK

katysails wrote:
Choppie likes going to the vets...we've known this guy since he graduated
from med school way back in 1972....

You're lucky. Our best vet moved away.

... he's never really been
sick except for a few ear infections so I'm thinking he doesn't feel very
well...

Poor guy. And no matter how well they understand plain English, there
are still things you can't explain to them. Give him an extra treat from me!

DSK

Capt. Neal®

"DSK" wrote in message ...
katysails wrote:
Choppie likes going to the vets...we've known this guy since he graduated
from med school way back in 1972....

You're lucky. Our best vet moved away.

... he's never really been
sick except for a few ear infections so I'm thinking he doesn't feel very
well...

Poor guy. And no matter how well they understand plain English, there
are still things you can't explain to them. Give him an extra treat from me!

DSK

And make him even fatter? He probably has CAD as it is.

CN
katysails

My "fat" dog:

http://community.webshots.com/user/katysails

Capt. Neal®

Just look at that tail. A big glob of fat there on the end of it . . .

CN

"katysails" wrote in message ...
My "fat" dog:

http://community.webshots.com/user/katysails

Maxprop

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

If he goes blind they can always have him put to sleep.

Seems like I recall somebody here having a poor little
kitten put to sleep because it went blind.

Cataract surgery for cats and dogs costs roughly $150, takes 10 minutes, and
generally only one clear eye is required for a pet to function normally.
Anyone who'd put down a pet due to cataracts is slime.

Max

katysails

Besides that, I get a discount for my year's in the pet care
industry...we're more concerned about whether he has bone cancer at this
point...that would be the final adios...I don't believe in putting pets
through something like that where they can't understand why and the cost is
prohibitive...

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

If he goes blind they can always have him put to sleep.

Seems like I recall somebody here having a poor little
kitten put to sleep because it went blind.

Cataract surgery for cats and dogs costs roughly $150, takes 10 minutes,
and generally only one clear eye is required for a pet to function
normally. Anyone who'd put down a pet due to cataracts is slime.

Max

Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

Besides that, I get a discount for my year's in the pet care
industry...we're more concerned about whether he has bone cancer at this
point...that would be the final adios...I don't believe in putting pets
through something like that where they can't understand why and the cost
is prohibitive...

Indeed. We put Jasmine, our last golden retriever, down after discovering
an osteosarcoma on that portion of skull between her eyes. At the least it
would have killed her eventually, but at worst she would have suffocated as
the tumor enlarged down into her nasal passages.

Hope Chopper is okay. How old is he?

Max

Maxprop

wrote in message
On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 05:36:27 GMT, "Maxprop" wrote:

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

If he goes blind they can always have him put to sleep.

Seems like I recall somebody here having a poor little
kitten put to sleep because it went blind.

Cataract surgery for cats and dogs costs roughly $150, takes 10 minutes,
and
generally only one clear eye is required for a pet to function normally.
Anyone who'd put down a pet due to cataracts is slime.

Max

Katy wears coats made from little doggies.

You would know, Cruella DeBill.

Max

Capt. Neal®

"Donal" wrote in message ...
Anyone who would spend $150 dollars on a pet has definitely got their
priorities wrong.

That money could feed 5 hungry African children for months.

Spend money on the animals here or the animals there. What's the difference?

CN

katysails

He turned 9 on Dec. 14.....we're watching the surgery site for
regrowth....so far, so good....he has two other lumps, though; one on his
tail and the other under his armpit, that we're watching...think those are
just lipid type lumps...he still thinks he's a puppy...

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...