BoatBanter.com

-   -   What was it like 4 U (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/26195-what-like-4-u.html)

Capt. Neal® December 21st 04 08:47 PM

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message ...
Scout,

An insulation in the newer homes. Some of those old houses built with
sheathing planks and clapboard siding are the coldest, driftiest
creation of man!

Ole Thom

Second only to a pilothouse with big, dangerous and cold
windows.

CN

Capt. Neal® December 21st 04 09:24 PM

Yes, but on fine, blue water vessel with positive flotation it's
a safe and snug feeling. Better than a life raft.

CN

OzOne wrote in message ...
On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 15:43:40 -0500, Capt. Neal®
scribbled thusly:

I'd have to bring my own boat. Sailing in a storm on an inferior
French boat would frighten me to death . . .

CN

Sailing a storm in any boat should frighten you...it's a very healthy
reaction!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Donal December 21st 04 11:57 PM

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

Oh oh! Maybe BinaryBill is right about your being a man.
A woman would surely ask for an actress role, not an actor's role.

I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

LP = JG???

Regards

Donal

JG December 22nd 04 01:21 AM

I'm not a dyke.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

katysails December 22nd 04 01:29 AM

See ing that our wonderful French boat ahs made it through several storms
with wave heights of 15' and winds gusting over 35, I don't think you'd have
much to fear. And seeing as how in those conditions, I'm the one who crawls
the deck because I'm nimble and quick would make it even safer for you.
Why, we'd even let you stay down in the quarter berth with Choppie....he'd
like some company since we don't allow him above when we're to
weather...You'd have to promise to take a bucket in there with you,
though...I refuse to clean up after pukers...

"Capt. Neal®" wrote in message

I'd have to bring my own boat. Sailing in a storm on an inferior
French boat would frighten me to death . . .

CN

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"katysails" wrote in message

Neal
I've sailed on the Gulf...Thought it was quite boring....you could set
your sails and then not have to do anything else...just sit there...I
prefer the wild and wooly sailing on Lake Michigan, thank you very
much.
Fall sailing in Michigan is the best. You get a good breeze of around
15
knots and 2-4 footers...weather is just cool enough that you don't have
grease yourself down with sunscreen...it's invigorating and refreshing
instead of hot and sticky...You travel up here and go sailing with
us...we'll take you out in a storm...

Don't encourage him, Katy. I'd hate to see you and Mr. Sails fall
overboard
with raucous laughter when the good Captain's eyes assume the size of
tennis
balls and his lower jaw hits the deck upon his first experience with an
8-10' closely-spaced Lake M. chop. At the very least he should be polite
enough to bring his own harness and lanyard, plus a remedy for
mal-de-mer.

Max

katysails December 22nd 04 01:31 AM

Heck, if you'd stop trying to sing them, maybe there'd be a chance...

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

I bet the crew of the Edmund Fitzgerald might have something to

say.

That was just one boat. How about that year (1917 maybe??) when

over 30
bulk freighters went to the bottom?

Yeah but only the EF had a song written about it.

No. I've written songs about every damn one of those 30 stinking boats,
but so far no one's had the good sense to publish or record them. That
******* Lightfoot won't even return my calls.

Max

Scott Vernon December 22nd 04 02:08 AM

I suppose this is a different 'Wilson " than the one in Berks Co.?

Scotty

"Scout" wrote in message
"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
My son graduaed from there, when it was Wilson. 1969
ot

I didn't realize you had roots here Thom. I graduated Wilson in 74.
Small world.
Scout

Scott Vernon December 22nd 04 02:17 AM

"JG" wrote in message

I'm not manly enough to be a dyke.

katysails December 22nd 04 02:19 AM

If we were aboard, the dinghy would have been floating off the back...we
might have rowed in to go to the store or something...too bad...next time
give us a holler....you guys are always welcome...

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"katysails" wrote in message

There was one weekend when we drove up to Frankfort...that's the only
weekend we weren't on the boat this fall....

Maybe we just know how to pick 'em. Actually there was evidence that you
guys might have been there. We didn't get closer than where we were
anchored, but it looked as if the companionway might have been partly
open. We didn't see any activity, so we stayed away, thinking you guys
might be napping or *something.* Chopper usually rears his head sooner or
later if you're aboard.

Max

katysails December 22nd 04 02:20 AM

Well duh...who can afford all that diesel?

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"katysails" wrote in message

Well, with a boat that size you need someone to assist...I think the
"assist" is pretty well not willing...the 42 was an accommodation rather
than a cottage, I believe...she wanted a trawler....the 30 used to go out
several times a weekend...

Lots of the anti-sailing women who own sailboats are talking trawler these
days. Some say it's a natural evolutionary trend with sailors. I say
it's a lazy trend. Trawlers--the full displacement types--go no faster
than a 40' sailboat and leave the dock even less.

Max