BoatBanter.com

-   -   What was it like 4 U (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/26195-what-like-4-u.html)

Horvath December 19th 04 08:04 PM

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 16:28:16 GMT, "Scout"
wrote this crap:

Sold the boat while I building a new home. I need the cash.
Planning a bigger boat (30-35 ft) later, but must suffer through now to get
there.
Scout

Heh Heh Heh! Even with a new house, home improvements never stop. I
have a new house, and I'm currently installing $2000 worth of hardwood
flooring. (And that's just in one room.)

Scott Vernon December 19th 04 08:12 PM

"Horvath" wrote this crap:

Even with a trailer home, home improvements never stop. I
have a double wide, and I'm currently installing $20 worth of

hardwood
flooring.

Finally got tired of the splinters from your plywood floors,eh?

Horvath December 19th 04 08:27 PM

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 16:31:58 GMT, "Maxprop"
wrote this crap:

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

Does 'A' dock mean something special at your marina? At mine, it seems
the bigger ($$$$) boats are on A dock and get smaller as the letter
gets higher. Is this the norm.

Our marina, Crosswinds, at Whitehall, MI, has three docks: A, B, and C. We
are a nice marina with modest boats and very regular folks. No big
gold-plated yachts, at least not during the season. A few stop in for

All we have at my yacht club are the big gold-plated boats.

haulout (Crosswind's service work is second to none in the Great Lakes) etc.
but we apparently appear too proletarian a group for them to soil their
hands in our presence.

A-dock is the reputed party dock. The term is somewhat deserved, but mostly
we are a group of weekenders that are almost more like family than friends.
We stay close throughout the winter months as well. B-dock is similar to
A-dock but much quieter. While A-dock is still partying into the wee hours,
B-dock has been dead for hours. The B-dockers like it that way. C-dock
slips mostly charter fishing boats and a few of the larger sailboats being
prepared for the time when their owners shuck their landlocked ways and go
cruising for an extended period. All in all its a great marina with more
camaraderie than one typically finds elsewhere. The marina owners are like
family to us as well, and they treat us extremely equitably. Some of the
folks in this marina have been slip holders for decades. One other aspect
is that we have floating docks, which renders the low water levels in the
GLs irrelevant. We don't need ladders to get aboard our boats, not to
mention that the docks act as breakwaters for the ubiquitous waves that have
the entire fetch of White Lake to build during a sou'wester. A-dock 101;
there will be a test.

At my yacht club, the docks at A line are bigger, and closer to the
clubhouse, but at D line, the parking is better. I never have a
problem parking right in front of my yacht. You can't do that at A,
B, or C line.

Horvath December 19th 04 08:28 PM

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 15:20:51 GMT, wrote
this crap:

On Sun, 19 Dec 2004 14:00:30 GMT, "katysails"
wrote:

I don't drink rum drinks Except for rum and diet coke they're full of
sugar...)

Any idea what rum is made out of?

Molasses.

Thom Stewart December 19th 04 09:30 PM

Hey Scout,

Where are you building? Are you still teaching? Still at Truman?

OT

JG December 19th 04 11:03 PM

What kind of wood are you using? A friend just put in bamboo.. looks great.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

Donal December 19th 04 11:16 PM

"Horvath" wrote in message

All we have at my yacht club are the big gold-plated boats.

....and a Legend!!!

Regards

Donal

Donal December 19th 04 11:19 PM

"John Cairns" wrote in message
m...

The women with the excess jewelry was probably a powerboater. Really funny
also, listening to folks talk about their experience on the lake as if

they
had been sailing in the roaring forties.
John Cairns

Heh .... we haven't heard about the "Sea of Michigan" for a while.

Regards

Donal

Donal December 19th 04 11:29 PM

wrote this crap:

Sold the boat while I building a new home. I need the cash.
Planning a bigger boat (30-35 ft) later, but must suffer through now to

get
there.
Scout

Heh Heh Heh! Even with a new house, home improvements never stop. I
have a new house

If having a new house is something to be proud of, then I must hang my head
in shame. Parts of my house are older than your country!!

Regards

Donal