BoatBanter.com

-   -   What was it like 4 U (https://www.boatbanter.com/asa/26195-what-like-4-u.html)

Maxprop December 21st 04 05:25 AM

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

"Maxprop" wrote in message

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message

I bet the crew of the Edmund Fitzgerald might have something to

say.

That was just one boat. How about that year (1917 maybe??) when

over 30
bulk freighters went to the bottom?

Yeah but only the EF had a song written about it.

No. I've written songs about every damn one of those 30 stinking boats, but
so far no one's had the good sense to publish or record them. That *******
Lightfoot won't even return my calls.

Max

Lady Pilot December 21st 04 08:15 AM

"Donal" wrote:
If having a new house is something to be proud of, then I must hang my
head
in shame. Parts of my house are older than your country!!

You still have your house in Ireland?

LP

Lady Pilot December 21st 04 08:32 AM

"Joe" wrote

I was going to get Bob a directing job fiming the flick version but
after his dis'n me as bb Im not so sure.

Let me know if you ever get the movie project off the ground. I have a
friend that might be interested. He was co-Producer on the Godfather III.
He's back home now in OKC. Last time we had dinner together he was working
on a movie about Wiley Post and was needing technical advise on stunt
pilots, etc.

http://theoscarsite.com/whoswho5/frederickson_g.htm

Of course for my help, you will have to get me an actor's role in the movie.
:-)

LP

Scout December 21st 04 08:59 AM

"Maxprop" wrote in message
nk.net...

"Scout" wrote in message

Hi Thom,
Berks County (not too far from Scotty); still teaching; I teach in
Montgomery County, never taught at Truman (I graduated from there though,
before it was called Truman).

Harry S. or Capote?

whichever one dropped those bombs

Scout December 21st 04 09:00 AM

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
My son graduaed from there, when it was Wilson. 1969
ot

I didn't realize you had roots here Thom. I graduated Wilson in 74.
Small world.
Scout

Scout December 21st 04 09:21 AM

"Donal" wrote
If having a new house is something to be proud of, then I must hang my
head
in shame. Parts of my house are older than your country!!

In fact my family has had homes older than our country too. My German
ancestors farmhouse was used as a commissary by Geo. Washington at Valley
Forge. It's still named after my family even though it's now publicly owned
(Valley Forge Park).
I've been in many very old homes. In general, they're beautiful but too
inefficiency for my liking. I like the modern building materials,
waterproofed basements, tall basements, superior electrical and plumbing
systems, and so forth.
Scout

Scout December 21st 04 09:26 AM

damn that affirmative action!
Scout

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
he tried to get into Plowville, but wasn't accepted.

Scotty

"Scout" wrote in message
Hi Thom,
Berks County (not too far from Scotty); still teaching; I teach in
Montgomery County, never taught at Truman (I graduated from there

though,
before it was called Truman).
Scout

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Hey Scout,

Where are you building? Are you still teaching? Still at Truman?

OT

Thom Stewart December 21st 04 04:01 PM

Scout,

An insulation in the newer homes. Some of those old houses built with
sheathing planks and clapboard siding are the coldest, driftiest
creation of man!

Ole Thom

Capt. Neal® December 21st 04 08:43 PM

I'd have to bring my own boat. Sailing in a storm on an inferior
French boat would frighten me to death . . .

CN

"Maxprop" wrote in message nk.net...

"katysails" wrote in message

Neal
I've sailed on the Gulf...Thought it was quite boring....you could set
your sails and then not have to do anything else...just sit there...I
prefer the wild and wooly sailing on Lake Michigan, thank you very much.
Fall sailing in Michigan is the best. You get a good breeze of around 15
knots and 2-4 footers...weather is just cool enough that you don't have to
grease yourself down with sunscreen...it's invigorating and refreshing
instead of hot and sticky...You travel up here and go sailing with
us...we'll take you out in a storm...

Don't encourage him, Katy. I'd hate to see you and Mr. Sails fall overboard
with raucous laughter when the good Captain's eyes assume the size of tennis
balls and his lower jaw hits the deck upon his first experience with an
8-10' closely-spaced Lake M. chop. At the very least he should be polite
enough to bring his own harness and lanyard, plus a remedy for mal-de-mer.

Max

Capt. Neal® December 21st 04 08:46 PM

"Lady Pilot" wrote in message news:0dRxd.19401$F25.9969@okepread07...

"Joe" wrote

I was going to get Bob a directing job fiming the flick version but
after his dis'n me as bb Im not so sure.

Let me know if you ever get the movie project off the ground. I have a
friend that might be interested. He was co-Producer on the Godfather III.
He's back home now in OKC. Last time we had dinner together he was working
on a movie about Wiley Post and was needing technical advise on stunt
pilots, etc.

http://theoscarsite.com/whoswho5/frederickson_g.htm

Of course for my help, you will have to get me an actor's role in the movie.
:-)

LP

Oh oh! Maybe BinaryBill is right about your being a man.
A woman would surely ask for an actress role, not an actor's role.

I have a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach.

CN