Bobsprit

Default Oh! The Humanity!!!!

Bottom line is that you related his whisker pole to your racing only.
You forgot all about cruising.

When sailing on the LIS two weekends ago we used wing and wing for several
hours at a time. It was hardly "difficult" and Suzanne was at the helm. Very
relaxing point of sail.
Horvath has now thrown himself into a tarpit of ignorance, exposed for the
Nosailorsaurus that he is!

RB
Bobsprit

What a dumbass remark....wing-on-wing takes skill to make the set...and the
world isn't all about fast all the time...if it was, none of us would be
sailing, that's for sure...

Horvath needs a Jetski.

RB
Jonathan Ganz

Wing on wing is easy and comfortable if you know what you're doing.
If you have to use a whisker pole to do it, it's even easier. We typically
don't need one because of the relatively short distances involved on the
bay. However, if coming back from the Farallons or other places, then
we usually put one up.

FYI, you're an idiot.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Horvath" wrote in message
On 16 Jun 2004 04:06:15 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote this
crap:

We
use our for wing & wing all the time.

Why would you go wing & wing if you weren't racing? Obviously you
need one for windward leewards while racing JAM. But wing & wing is
the slowest point of sail, and if you were out for a daysail, you
wouldn't want to.

Going dead downwind is slow, sweaty, and uncomfortable. Unless you
were racing, it's a poor direction to pick.

The bottom line here is that you are just a ****head, who's making up
stuff as he goes along. You've been busted bigtime.

Scott Vernon

Please note; I didn't say it was dumb, or lubbery, or anything else bad
about it, I just repeated what I'd heard, it is the slowest point of sail.
That said, I sail W&W sometimes myself.

--
Scotty
S/V Lisa Marie

"katysails" wrote in message

which BTW is the slowest sail set.

But is very pretty and relaxing....

When you guys attack him on credible stuff, it takes away from your
position...stick to his real stupidities, there are enough of them.
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Joe

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message ...
Wing on wing is easy and comfortable if you know what you're doing.
If you have to use a whisker pole to do it, it's even easier. We typically
don't need one because of the relatively short distances involved on the
bay. However, if coming back from the Farallons or other places, then
we usually put one up.

On a Cal 20 the whisker pole must be smaller than a broomstick right?

Joe

FYI, you're an idiot.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Horvath" wrote in message
On 16 Jun 2004 04:06:15 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote this
crap:

We
use our for wing & wing all the time.

Why would you go wing & wing if you weren't racing? Obviously you
need one for windward leewards while racing JAM. But wing & wing is
the slowest point of sail, and if you were out for a daysail, you
wouldn't want to.

Going dead downwind is slow, sweaty, and uncomfortable. Unless you
were racing, it's a poor direction to pick.

The bottom line here is that you are just a ****head, who's making up
stuff as he goes along. You've been busted bigtime.

Jonathan Ganz

I don't use a whisker pole on my boat. I was talking about a different
one.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

om...

"Horvath" wrote in message
On 16 Jun 2004 04:06:15 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote this
crap:

We
use our for wing & wing all the time.

Why would you go wing & wing if you weren't racing? Obviously you
need one for windward leewards while racing JAM. But wing & wing is
the slowest point of sail, and if you were out for a daysail, you
wouldn't want to.

Going dead downwind is slow, sweaty, and uncomfortable. Unless you
were racing, it's a poor direction to pick.

The bottom line here is that you are just a ****head, who's making up
stuff as he goes along. You've been busted bigtime.

Horvath

On 16 Jun 2004 10:46:06 GMT, (Bobsprit) wrote this
crap:

Going dead downwind is slow, sweaty, and uncomfortable. Unless you
were racing, it's a poor direction to pick.

What an idiot. We've sailed wing and wing many times because it's the direction
we "needed" to go. It's not hard if you can steer your boat and it's not
uncomfortable. In some conditions it can be challenging, but that probably
makes no sense to a Hunter barge owner.
A sailboat can sail in any direction off the wind and a sailor should be
skilled on all points of sail. Clearly you're not!

Here's the facts the way *I* see them:

You were sitting on a barstool, after having too much of your allotted
rum ration, and you heard some real sailors talking about whisker
poles. You immediately decided that you had one, because you
misheard, and thought they were talking about "whiskey poles."

The next day, you wanted to impress the local sailors, and you started
to brag about your pole, and you were shot down, because as you
learned, it was supposed to be a "whisKER pole."

Then you wanted to impress the rubes on asa, and you made up the story
about finding an outboard engine with your whisker pole. You still
actually had no clue what it was, and what it was used for.

When I questioned your need for a pole longer than 12 feet, you
panicked, and started to do a google search. You still had no idea
what a whisker pole what used for, and how long it should be. A
website talked about telescoping poles, and gave you clues what it was
for. All of a sudden, you had a TELESCOPING whisker pole, that you
could extend to 35 feet, but you still had no idea what it was for.

Then I mentioned that your whisker pole could be no longer than your
J, and it was only used for racing. You have no idea what a J is, and
what a whisker pole was used for.

You looked for more websites, and found one that told all about
whisker poles, and what they were used for. It said that a cruising
boat could use one for wing & wing.

Now you claim that you always go wing & wing, even upwind.

Do you see what's happening here? All serial liars make up even more
lies when they're caught lying.

When a serial liar, like you, gets caught in even more lies, he has
to stop digging. Usually he just says, "That's my story, and I'm
sticking to it."

Or, he can start with the, "I was only trolling, and see how many I
sucked in. Ha Ha, I got you all."

Still waiting.

Jonathan Ganz

So, you were drunk AND stupid. I think we understand.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Horvath" wrote in message
[...]

Bobsprit

Wow, Horvath's post was almost as long as it was desperate.

RB

Bush vs. Saddam basskisser General 119 December 31st 03 07:59 PM
Asatru resources Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 03:31 PM
Oh, the Humanity! Bobsprit ASA 52 August 27th 03 01:18 PM