Jeff Morris

Default Oh! The Humanity!!!!

You realize that Horvath is correct that whisker poles shouldn't be longer than
"J", according to PHRF rules.

Of course, class rules (and handicap requests) can be different from this; and
cruisers are likely to use as long a pole as the can handle.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Once again, Poor Loco shows he knows so little about boats.
Those lines are for holding an inflatable.

Or tying your whisker pole to the deck?

Nahh, you KNOW whisker poles are 12 feet or less, right Horvath???!!!

Bwahahahahaha!

RB

Bobsprit

You realize that Horvath is correct that whisker poles shouldn't be longer than
"J", according to PHRF rules.

You realize that Horvath said Whisker poles "can't" be longer than 12 feet,
don't you. Most cruisers carry a telescoping pole that extend quite a bit
longer than 12 feet. Even the one on my Catalina 27 was 9-17 feet.
To save face (after I posted suggested sizes from Forespar), Horvath introduced
his "racing rules" which had nothing to do with the topic.

RB
Horvath

On Tue, 15 Jun 2004 07:56:29 -0400, "Jeff Morris"
wrote this crap:

You realize that Horvath is correct that whisker poles shouldn't be longer than
"J", according to PHRF rules.

Of course, class rules (and handicap requests) can be different from this; and
cruisers are likely to use as long a pole as the can handle.

Why would they? If you're not racing, what's the point of a whisker
pole?

Bobsprit

Here's what you wrote, Horvath..

That would mean you have a whisker pole that extends to over twelve
feet. Sounds like bull**** to me.

BUSTED!!!

RB
Bobsprit

Let me clear it up for you.
A whisker pole can be any length you want on any boat providing you
don't use one longer than J when racing.

Got it now?

Hey, that was MY fish!!!! You better hook me another.

RB
Horvath

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:16:46 +1000, OzOne wrote this crap:

A whisker pole can be any length you want on any boat providing you
don't use one longer than J when racing.

Why would you even want one, if you weren't racing?

Horvath

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 10:13:50 +1000, OzOne wrote this crap:

I never said that. I said you can't use one longer than your J.

When racing!
any other time it's OK, and Bubbles will never race.

Why would you even want one, if you didn't race? I think he made up
the whole story.

Bush vs. Saddam basskisser General 119 December 31st 03 07:59 PM
Asatru resources Nik ASA 0 September 19th 03 03:31 PM
Oh, the Humanity! Bobsprit ASA 52 August 27th 03 01:18 PM