Bobsprit

Default Oh, the Humanity!

First Mooron and Bill doubt I'd make the trip!
WRONG!!!!
Billy Jane says he'll be around!
HE WASN'T!!!
Horrified by my "trip made good" Mooron tries to tell me about fender offences
and dropping sail too soon before entering a channel! He doesn't accept my
offer to e-mail direct for specifics either! And Billy Jane is off hiding,
because he sure as hell wasn't sailing!
No if Mooron was a bit sharper, he'd be complaining that I claimed to be
stopping over in Oyster Bay, not Port Jeff!

Ohhhh...booo hooo, boooo hooo!!! Bwahahahahahahhaahahahaha!

RB

Wally

"Capt. Mooron" wrote in message news:iap2b.61635

Please Bob.... stop your thrashing. You are falling back on your tried

and
true "Hooo Haaa" defense. I'm not attacking anyone... I'm seeking
clarification which you seem unable or unwilling to supply. Why is that
Bob? You boast of a report and provide a rather sketchy overview of items
which might interest a lubber but means nothing at all to a sailor.

Speaking as a sweet, innocent, fresh-faced n00b who will, hopefully in a few
weeks, be embarking on hs first cruise in his vast, ocean-going 18-foot
mega-yacht, I would be most interested in hearing of Bobsprit's journey in
some detail in the hope that I might learn something about passage
planning - all that wind and tide stuff and how it's calculated.

--
Wally
I demand rigidly-defined areas of uncertainty!

Marc

Sorry Bill, that's Bob's boat in the picture approaching the Thimbles.
I recognize the inadequate traveller. You are correct, on the other
hand, that he does omit sufficient detail that would prevent a clear
picture to sailors with no specific knowledge of the area.

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 14:40:42 GMT, wrote:

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:37:00 -0300, "Capt. Mooron"
wrote:

I could get this type of
description from a guest on a tour boat.

You're getting warmer...

Bobsprit

I'm seeking
clarification which you seem unable or unwilling to supply.

Again, if you truly wanted the details you e-mail me. Do you want them or not?
Posting each detail here is tedious and will lead to a troll frenzy.
If you really want them you'll e-mail me.

RB
Bobsprit

I would be most interested in hearing of Bobsprit's journey in
some detail in the hope that I might learn something about passage
planning - all that wind and tide stuff and how it's calculated.

Wally, I'm no expert, but do well enough for the limited grounds we cover.
If you'd like specifics of how we planned for our little adventure (Currents,
weather, and plotting a short course) e-mail me direct.
In thier efforts to troll, many people here bury any chance for a good info
exchange.

Bobsprit

He also claims he went ashore to McDonalds in PJ after 8 am, but then
fudges badly about when he reached the Thimbles.

Huh...? What's he talking about, Willis?

RB
Capt. Mooron

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

| In thier efforts to troll, many people here bury any chance for a good
info
| exchange.

Yes Bob... we are aware of your efforts!

CM

Capt. Mooron

How would factual information lead to a troll frenzy... and since when do
you not revel in a troll war?

Post them and be done with it.

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| I'm seeking
| clarification which you seem unable or unwilling to supply.
|
| Again, if you truly wanted the details you e-mail me. Do you want them or
not?
| Posting each detail here is tedious and will lead to a troll frenzy.
| If you really want them you'll e-mail me.
|
| RB

Wally

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

Wally, I'm no expert, but do well enough for the limited grounds we cover.
If you'd like specifics of how we planned for our little adventure

(Currents,
weather, and plotting a short course) e-mail me direct.
In thier efforts to troll, many people here bury any chance for a good

info
exchange.

Surely the best way to defuse their attempts to troll is to post whatever
you would otherwise email? Facts are poor troll bait, are they not?
Consider, for example, the recent discourse on Neal's specification LWL
compared to what it really is, even allowing for his reduced freeboard - the
spec LWL just doesn't add up, and nobody came a-trollin' on the matter when
this was pointed out.

As you've already noted, there is little basis for the trolls to claim that
you weren't at the Thimbles - the pics have largely defused any such claims.
(By the same token, I take the same lack as evidence that you were indeed
there - I have no idea what the Thimbles look like, but I assume from the
silence of others that the photos are of said Thimbles.)

In any case, as you're no expert, input from the group might be good for
you, too. I would certainly relish the opportunity to read and partcipate in
a good group discussion of coastal passage planning.

--
Wally
I demand rigidly-defined areas of uncertainty!
www.art-gallery.myby.co.uk

Bobsprit

Post them and be done with it.

I will give them to you.
All you have to do is e-mail me with the specifics you seek.
No big deal, if you really want the info.

RB