Wally

Default Oh, the Humanity!

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

Wally, I'm no expert, but do well enough for the limited grounds we cover.
If you'd like specifics of how we planned for our little adventure

(Currents,
weather, and plotting a short course) e-mail me direct.
In thier efforts to troll, many people here bury any chance for a good

info
exchange.

Surely the best way to defuse their attempts to troll is to post whatever
you would otherwise email? Facts are poor troll bait, are they not?
Consider, for example, the recent discourse on Neal's specification LWL
compared to what it really is, even allowing for his reduced freeboard - the
spec LWL just doesn't add up, and nobody came a-trollin' on the matter when
this was pointed out.

As you've already noted, there is little basis for the trolls to claim that
you weren't at the Thimbles - the pics have largely defused any such claims.
(By the same token, I take the same lack as evidence that you were indeed
there - I have no idea what the Thimbles look like, but I assume from the
silence of others that the photos are of said Thimbles.)

In any case, as you're no expert, input from the group might be good for
you, too. I would certainly relish the opportunity to read and partcipate in
a good group discussion of coastal passage planning.

--
Wally
I demand rigidly-defined areas of uncertainty!