Maxprop

Default Towing Dinghy?

"katysails" wrote in message

We keep the life hacket on Choppie in the water, roo and wwhile in the
donghy...he has the same "water dog" problem...goes in willingly but won't
swim a lick without the life jacket..prefers to stand on his hind legs
walking out until he's shoulder height standing upright...really
weird....the labs and goldens don't seem to have these
proclivities....haven't tried him on a float, yet...maybe that would
work....

Not sure this is a poodle thing, Katy. Niki loves to swim. She fetches a
floating dumbbell, occasionally diving under it and snagging it in her mouth
while broaching. We can't keep her in the dinghy anymore.

Max

Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
W0w, an 8 hour sail! Whooopdeedoo! You're a real world cruiser there
bob****, a regular Robin Graham.....

8 hours for a night sail? What's wrong with that??? You don't sail at

night at
all.

Poor Bob!

Regards

Donal

Donal

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
Loki is the boat; Molly is the dog.

Molly will try to go where we lead, but she does hesitate. We found the
lifejacket, which has a big handle on it, makes things easy - when she

feels you
lift with the handle she knows she's going.

For swimming, we started using the float to give her easy access both up

and
down. Its funny, even though she's a Portuguese Water Dog, she prefers

the
float to actually swimming. Maybe this year she'll do better - we're told

it
really takes a few years to learn how to swim efficiently.

What rubbish! Dogs can swim without lifejackets. Just chuck the mutt
into the water and watch her.

Trust me! The dog *can* swim.

Regards

Donal

Capt. Mooron

Depends on the power of your boat Bob.... Overproof can easily tow an
inflatable because she has the mass and canvas to overcome the drag.

CM

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
| Alien has a nearly 10 foot inflatable Quicksilver with an airdeck. There
is a
| 5HP engine and 6 gallon fuel tank.
| I see a lot of boats towing their dinks with motors on the back, but I've
been
| told this is poor practice. What's the deal? How many of you tow with
motor on
| the dinghy?
|
| Thanks,
|
| RB

katysails

Max said:
We can't keep her in the dinghy anymore.

Ohoh...pike bait.....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

katysails

Donal erroneously said:
Trust me! The dog *can* swim.

Not all dogs can swim. A dog just drowned outside the harbor at Muskegon
Lake last week when it fell off the boat without a life jacket...many dogs
become frantic and ingest water when they panic and go down...and some dogs
don't have the body to be able to keep themselves afloat, like
bulldogs....we had bulldogs when I was a kid and took them to the
lake..they'd sink like rocks.....their legs weren't long enough to paddle to
keep themselves afloat and their shoulders were too heavy to lift their
heads out of the water....
--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Capt. Mooron

Cripes Jax.... towing a can of beer would slow down an Irwin 30.!!!

CM

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
| even towing my Porta-Bote without the engine seriously slows down my boat.
|
| Alien has a nearly 10 foot inflatable Quicksilver with an airdeck. There
is a
| 5HP engine and 6 gallon fuel tank.
| I see a lot of boats towing their dinks with motors on the back, but I've
| been
| told this is poor practice. What's the deal? How many of you tow with
motor
| on
| the dinghy?
|
| Thanks,
|
| RB

Maxprop

"katysails" wrote in message

Max said:
We can't keep her in the dinghy anymore.

Ohoh...pike bait.....

No ****. Got three northerns with just a net by dangling her in the water
last weekend.

Max

katysails

Max claimed: No ****. Got three northerns with just a net by dangling her
in the water
last weekend.

Ah, the old "bait and switch" method....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse