Bobsprit

Default Towing Dinghy?

Alien has a nearly 10 foot inflatable Quicksilver with an airdeck. There is a
5HP engine and 6 gallon fuel tank.
I see a lot of boats towing their dinks with motors on the back, but I've been
told this is poor practice. What's the deal? How many of you tow with motor on
the dinghy?

Thanks,

RB

Jonathan Ganz

Short distance, calm water, not a problem. Give it plenty of line.
Anything else, forget it.

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Alien has a nearly 10 foot inflatable Quicksilver with an airdeck. There

is a
5HP engine and 6 gallon fuel tank.
I see a lot of boats towing their dinks with motors on the back, but I've

been
told this is poor practice. What's the deal? How many of you tow with

motor on
the dinghy?

Thanks,

RB

SAIL LOCO

Get rid of the extension ladder and install a set of davits.
S/V Express 30 "Ringmaster"
"No shirt, no skirt, full service"

Joe

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message ...
Short distance, calm water, not a problem. Give it plenty of line.
Anything else, forget it.

So you tow your cal-20 behind what?

Joe

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
Alien has a nearly 10 foot inflatable Quicksilver with an airdeck. There

is a
5HP engine and 6 gallon fuel tank.
I see a lot of boats towing their dinks with motors on the back, but I've

been
told this is poor practice. What's the deal? How many of you tow with

motor on
the dinghy?

Thanks,

RB

katysails

We row our dinghy...it's the environmental way of it all, ya know....and
builds strong muscles twelve ways....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse