Maxprop

Default Racist President Dead

OzOne wrote in message

You're looking in the wrong places

Possibly, but you aren't exactly providing evidence to support your claim,
either. Or is this just more "economy of verbiage?"

Max

Maxprop

OzOne wrote in message

On Thu, 10 Jun 2004 22:21:57 GMT, "Maxprop"
scribbled thusly:

OzOne wrote in message

You're looking in the wrong places

Possibly, but you aren't exactly providing evidence to support your

claim,
either. Or is this just more "economy of verbiage?"

Max

Communes work fine where people live a basic lifestyle, been doing it
for thousands of years.

Since I'm obviously not making myself understood, would you care to provide
some examples of successful communism or communes? Not just
generalizations, please.

Max

Maxprop

OzOne wrote in message

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 03:58:54 GMT, "Maxprop"
scribbled thusly:

Communes work fine where people live a basic lifestyle, been doing it
for thousands of years.

Since I'm obviously not making myself understood, would you care to

provide
some examples of successful communism or communes? Not just
generalizations, please.

Max

You want specific communes or can I just point you to New Guinea, many
Pacific and Torres Strait islands, Far Nth of Oz, Africa, Sth America
thousands of years...

LOL. I doubt if those islanders and Africans would attribute their tribal
successes to communism. Is this revisionist history?

Max

Peter Wiley

In article , OzOne wrote:

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004 03:58:54 GMT, "Maxprop"
scribbled thusly:

Communes work fine where people live a basic lifestyle, been doing it
for thousands of years.

Since I'm obviously not making myself understood, would you care to provide
some examples of successful communism or communes? Not just
generalizations, please.

Max

You want specific communes or can I just point you to New Guinea,

....... until the arrival of Western culture and consumer goods.

many
Pacific and Torres Strait islands,

Ditto.

Far Nth of Oz,

Ditto.

Africa, Sth America
thousands of years...

Haven't been there, can't comment from personal experience.

In summary then, Oz is saying that communes work successfully just as
long as there isn't an alternative.

PDW
DSK

Peter Wiley wrote:
...... until the arrival of Western culture and consumer goods.
.... In summary then, Oz is saying that communes work successfully
just as long as there isn't an alternative.

That's saying a bit too much... maybe it would be more accurate to say
that communes work successfully as long as they're not in direct
conflict with an immediately available consumer-oriented culture that
profits from the decline in communal benefits.

OTOH the medeival monasteries were essentially communes. They not only
lasted a long time and provided a secure life for their members, but
also preserved a lot of knowledge & technology which society benefitted
from later on.

Different cultures are always competing. Sort of the way two boats on
the water are always racing.

Regards
Doug King