Bobsprit

Default Doug and Katie are Boobs!

A few better
To kill a mockinbird, 12 angry men, Old man of the sea, the cain
munity, the sand pebble, Bullit, ect..................

All good movies, but not "better" by any defintion other than yours. Cain
Mutiny was a another high point for Bogart. Old man and the Sea is a good
effort. By any personal standard, Bullit is horribly dated. Papion is "better"
for McQueen fans, especially if you read the book.

RB
DSK

Joe wrote:

A few better
To kill a mockinbird, 12 angry men, Old man of the sea, the cain
munity, the sand pebble, Bullit, ect..................

The Caine Mutiny is excellent, one of the few movies I've seen that held
up to the book (although it was far less detailed of course).

I also like the African Queen, another classic Bogart movie. One of
these days we're going to watch The Maltese Falcon.

DSK

Thom Stewart

Sorry Guys;

How can you leave out;

Mutiny on the Bounty (Gable/Lorton)
Captains Couragous (Tracy)
How Green was My Valley (Pigeon)
Quit Man

Oh well, I'm a lot older. Different Time, I guess

Ole Thom

Bobsprit

Mutiny on the Bounty (Gable/Lorton)
Captains Couragous (Tracy)
How Green was My Valley (Pigeon)
Quit Man

Oh well, I'm a lot older. Different Time, I guess

Tom, I listed SOME of my favorites...not all. We could go on for a long time
listing favorites, such as the often forgotten Of Mice and Men....probably the
purest adaptation ever made or just one year later...The Grapes of Wrath, a
film that Henry Fonda traded his contract in for the chance to play Tom Joad.
My point to Katie and Doug was that they foolishly let Baywatch and Gilligan's
Island tycast a whole art medium. They missed out, especially now when new
technology allows the medium to expand. For example, Monsters Inc. is probably
one of the best movies ever made, certainly among the best animated films. To
casually miss out on the power of such work is a narrow minded and obvious
loss.

RB
Donal

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
I think the 9.25 is nice scope. I almost got that one. Is that a CGE
mount and a 9.25 with XLT coatings and a CF tube? Are you doing any
photography?

Yup, it's actually my second one as I also had the early version.

I'm very interested in this. I'd like to see what is actually possible with
telescopes that ordinary folk can own.

Would you care to share any of your photographs, or do you have any links to
sites that show what is possible?

I've got a cheap Tasco (optimum mag 105x). I'd like to get something
better, but I know sod all about telescopes.

Regards

Donal

Navigator

Donal wrote:

"Bobsprit" wrote in message

I think the 9.25 is nice scope. I almost got that one. Is that a CGE
mount and a 9.25 with XLT coatings and a CF tube? Are you doing any
photography?

Yup, it's actually my second one as I also had the early version.

I'm very interested in this. I'd like to see what is actually possible with
telescopes that ordinary folk can own.

Would you care to share any of your photographs, or do you have any links to
sites that show what is possible?

I've got a cheap Tasco (optimum mag 105x). I'd like to get something
better, but I know sod all about telescopes.

Regards

Donal,

The capability of modern amateur eqiupment is staggering look at this:

http://www.buytelescopes.com/gallery/gallery.asp?sg=8

and there are lots of other amateur sites to browse.

Cheers

Navigator

Bobsprit wrote:

I think the 9.25 is nice scope. I almost got that one. Is that a CGE
mount and a 9.25 with XLT coatings and a CF tube? Are you doing any
photography?

Yup, it's actually my second one as I also had the early version. I traded up
for it because the CF tube made a big difference in how quickly I could start a
session. I beleive it's the best small portable around and it can provide
refractor like images at times. I also owned a C8 Classic, which was also very
nice. I probably should have stuck with the C8 because I used it more-easier to
set up.
Which scope do you own?

Willimas Optics 80mm apo and a new CGE1100. I can also access a 14"
remote controlled SCT (Meade on Princeton mount) and a 21" Zeiss though
the astromical society. The latter gives amazing views down the eyepiece
even though it's in the city. Both my scopes are on GT German eq.
mounts. I also have some 77mm semi apo binoculars on a Manfrotto based
mount (made by me) and some 50mm binos for boat use. We get such good
seeing here -even in my backyard.

Cheers