Bobsprit

Default Doug and Katie are Boobs!

A quick glance at today's cable guide.....
Fast Food----Doc on high speed predators
Car Crash---Doc on technology used to make cars safer
David Mamet's Homocide---Unusual enrty from Mamet about a cop who becomes a
Jewish radical.
About Schmidt----Fine film with Nicholson playing a lost widower
The Apartment---Simply great writing!
Pcycho---The first 20 minutes is like water over a pebble....it just flows, but
always exposes new details.
BTW, watching an education program IS interactive, unless you're suffering from
brain trauma! Yeah, nothing worth Katie or Doug's time! Go clean something
instead of absorbing art and info. Stay small minded on your "clean" trawler,
Doug. Learning about nature won't wash the Rosarie beads, right Katie?
Small people. Small minds. Small lives.

RB
Joe

(Bobsprit) wrote in message ...
A quick glance at today's cable guide.....
Fast Food----Doc on high speed predators

For NYer it be smarter to go to central park and watch the redtail
hawk
and peragrin(sp?)falcons (the fastest predator on earth) snatch
pigeons out of the air. You could see the pigeon's using a defence
system that is quite like fish schooling. We have a wildlife refuge
near here that its amazing to watch the Osprey at work.......Talk
about high speed predators, and it's 3D sense around and in full
spectrum sound.

Car Crash---Doc on technology used to make cars safer

Stroll down to your local Volvo shop, better yet attend a SAE
congress expo and education seminar on the subject.

David Mamet's Homocide---Unusual enrty from Mamet about a cop who becomes a
Jewish radical.
About Schmidt----Fine film with Nicholson playing a lost widower
The Apartment---Simply great writing!
Pcycho---The first 20 minutes is like water over a pebble....it just flows, but
always exposes new details.

And all better books than movies, that is IF you have a minds eye and
an imagination.

BTW, watching an education program IS interactive, unless you're suffering from brain trauma!

They tell you you listen. Your being spoon fed. It is indeed one way
to learn but its lacking in real lasting value.

Yeah, nothing worth Katie or Doug's time! Go clean something
instead of absorbing art and info. Stay small minded on your "clean" trawler,
Doug. Learning about nature won't wash the Rosarie beads, right Katie?
Small people. Small minds. Small lives.

small apt. small room, small absorbing.

But in your defence I do like my TV and watch 2 much. Mostly the
history and discovery channels and the classics. The new crowd in
Hollywood in a large part are scum putting out mindless crap.

Joe

RB

Bobsprit

And all better books than movies, that is IF you have a minds eye and
an imagination.

Joseph Stefano's adaptation was a work of genius according to Bloch, whose
Novel pales by comparison. Stefano, like Serling, was a teleplay pioneer.
David Mamet's homocide was written by him for the screen. Try again.

RB

Bobsprit

Stroll down to your local Volvo shop, better yet attend a SAE
congress expo and education seminar on the subject.

The point is, Josie, that someone with a casual interest need not be in the
dark about such things. I can learn about this technology with ease and IF it
truly interests me, go the extra step.
I'm a long time observer of the sky, planets and stars, but that learning
process started with movies and TV.

RB
Bobsprit

BTW, watching an education program IS interactive, unless you're suffering
from brain trauma!

They tell you you listen.

Calm down, Josie. They're not "telling" you anything. There's an off button.
You have control...or perhaps that's your problem.

RB

Bobsprit

The new crowd in
Hollywood in a large part are scum putting out mindless crap.

The "new crowd" is just a small part of cinema today. Many fine movies are
made, just like many fine paintings are painted. You just have to care to find
them.
If you have little interest in the arts, move on.

RB
Bobsprit

For NYer it be smarter to go to central park and watch the redtail
hawk
and peragrin(sp?)falcons (the fastest predator on earth) snatch
pigeons out of the air.

Shot footage of that many times when I worked for the NY Zoological Society for
a couple of years. The doc lets us have a look at animals most people will
never see. I guess that makes them unimportant to people like you, Josie. But
others want to learn.

RB
Thom Stewart

Nutsy,

You're changing stories again;-------you told the group Astronomy came
from your Uncle. who is a Pro

You seem to have trouble, for a writer, holding your Story Line.

If you like TV & movies, have at it. It your life, you live it.

It is strange how health and exersize freaks seem to take pleasure in
living other peoples lives. They don't seem to enjoy their own.

Ole Thom

Bobsprit

You're changing stories again;-------you told the group Astronomy came
from your Uncle. who is a Pro

That's true, and he taught me a lot, especially about telescopes, but my actual
interest started with sci fi films.

RB
Navigator

Bobsprit wrote:

Stroll down to your local Volvo shop, better yet attend a SAE
congress expo and education seminar on the subject.

The point is, Josie, that someone with a casual interest need not be in the
dark about such things. I can learn about this technology with ease and IF it
truly interests me, go the extra step.
I'm a long time observer of the sky, planets and stars, but that learning
process started with movies and TV.

But you don't look at stars anymore?

Cheers