Navigator

Default Doug and Katie are Boobs!

Bobsprit wrote:

I think the 9.25 is nice scope. I almost got that one. Is that a CGE
mount and a 9.25 with XLT coatings and a CF tube? Are you doing any
photography?

Yup, it's actually my second one as I also had the early version. I traded up
for it because the CF tube made a big difference in how quickly I could start a
session. I beleive it's the best small portable around and it can provide
refractor like images at times. I also owned a C8 Classic, which was also very
nice. I probably should have stuck with the C8 because I used it more-easier to
set up.
Which scope do you own?

Willimas Optics 80mm apo and a new CGE1100. I can also access a 14"
remote controlled SCT (Meade on Princeton mount) and a 21" Zeiss though
the astromical society. The latter gives amazing views down the eyepiece
even though it's in the city. Both my scopes are on GT German eq.
mounts. I also have some 77mm semi apo binoculars on a Manfrotto based
mount (made by me) and some 50mm binos for boat use. We get such good
seeing here -even in my backyard.

Cheers