Capt Mooron

Default 40 Below and Cold Steel

Just dropped by to say Hi! I'm actually "in town" for the weekend... okay
it's Norman Wells and only 800 people... I'm having a few drinks waiting at
the office for the local bar to open. I got wind there would be peelers here
this weekend so I managed to get some time out of the bush......
WOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo it's time to tie one on and cut loose!!!!!

It's been an average of minus 38 here for a long while. I'm working outdoors
all day! Kickin' ass and takin' names. I've been working survey and in
charge of 2 crews erecting steel abutments for bridge crossings. Cols steel
at 40 below just sucks the heat out of you! The snow is belly deep to a
moose and it makes for a diffcult time surveying. I've gotten more
snowmobile and Argo time this season than all the other years combined. One
of my local buddies just got his commercial helicopter cert.... so I'm off
to the Franklin Mountains tomorrow morning for a spin!

Get this now...... they provided me with two beautiful blonde babes as
helpers. I'm not kiddin' ya... these girls are cute. How lucky can you get
eh?!! The girls are back at base camp.... Ha Ha Ha! They get out next week
when the bar brings in the male strippers for lady's night!

I see not much has changed at ASA.... Jax is still sailin' the Irwin of
mental vessels! Bobby is claiming to be going on sabbatical? Ha Ha Ha

I'll post pictures to webshots when I get back.... I'm on a snail connection
here. Take care and I'll see if I can check in on Sunday before I head back
out to the sticks. Man what totally AWESOME country this is up here!!!

later

CM

katysails

Hey, Mooron! Great to hear from you! Why those girls need to go into =
town to see male strippers when they've got you? Stay straight and =
don't put your tongue on any coiled steel....

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Capt Mooron

"katysails" wrote in message

Hey, Mooron! Great to hear from you! Why those girls need to go into town

to see male strippers when they've got you?

No way.... the last thing you consider at 40 below is removing any clothes.
:-D

Stay straight and don't put your tongue on any coiled steel....

Despite all attempts my tongue has been unable to reach that far to date....
Ha Ha Ha Ha ha

We cancelled the helicopter trip... the weather and the pilot are pretty
foggy this morning... maybe tomorrow.
Great time last night. Surprisingly.. I don't have a hang-over! It must be
the dedicated training regiem I've adhered to while in Nova Scotia. I
haven't had a drink here since returning in January, until last night. I
can't say the rest of the booze dumpsters out last night are faring as well
as I am. It must be the fact I'm a sailor! :-D

CM

Wally

Capt Mooron wrote:

... Bobby is claiming to be going on sabbatical? Ha Ha
Ha

He's turned into a goody-two-shoes - probably cleaned up his act in case his
eBay punters stumble in here and see him acting the buffoon.

--
Wally
www.artbywally.com

Jonathan Ganz

Welcome back. Have you noticed that Bob finally quit?

--
"j" ganz @@
www.sailnow.com

"Capt Mooron" overproof @mooron.com wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Capt Mooron

"Wally" wrote in message

Hi Wally.... glad to see you're still hangin' in there! I was invited to go
for a snowmobile tour today since the chopper ride evaporated like the
alcohol in the pilot's brain cells.... like I'm on a friggin snow machine
most of the day at work. I elected to stay at the office and do some serious
drinking! :-D... where it's WARM!!!

He's turned into a goody-two-shoes - probably cleaned up his act in case

his
eBay punters stumble in here and see him acting the buffoon.

A leopord can't change it's spots... but it can sure dye them a uniform
brown. I understand from the posts that Bob is now an E-Bay Retailer!!!??? I
hope he's all stocked up on Brody Boxes for shipping! It's a Loon Fest on
that site!

CM

Capt Mooron

"Jonathan Ganz" wrote in message
Welcome back. Have you noticed that Bob finally quit?

Heh Jonathan! hope you're doin' well down there in sunny Cal.

Bob has quit several times before. You've out lasted many others here as
well Jon! You could busy yourself by googling all his really nasty posts on
archive and reposting them while he's out .... just to keep the blood lust
up and all. Or order a big shipment of oars from him on EBay and return them
claiming they're all left handed oars and not balanced. :-D

Later

CM

Scott Vernon

Hey dude, good to hear from you. We had some 45~50* days last week, finally
got to the boat (on the hard) for a few days of boat work. She looks good
and I can't wait to splash. Ugh, was in Buffalo yesterday, blowing and
snowing , I'm sick of that crap!

Scotty

"Capt Mooron" overproof @mooron.com wrote
blah blah blah yackity yack

Wally

Capt Mooron wrote:

Hi Wally.... glad to see you're still hangin' in there!

Aye, still here. :-)

I was
invited to go for a snowmobile tour today since the chopper ride
evaporated like the alcohol in the pilot's brain cells.... like I'm
on a friggin snow machine most of the day at work. I elected to stay
at the office and do some serious drinking! :-D... where it's WARM!!!

A bit of indoors can make a nice change on occasion. I'm looking forward to
a bit of outdoors, now that I've secured a regular Sunday crewing slot in my
area (club racing on a Sonata).

A leopord can't change it's spots...

Quite - he almost relented and had a little go at Loco, I think it was.

... but it can sure dye them a
uniform brown. I understand from the posts that Bob is now an E-Bay
Retailer!!!??? I hope he's all stocked up on Brody Boxes for
shipping! It's a Loon Fest on that site!

He is indeed - some sort of deal to do with getting rid of excess kit that's
lying around various marinas, whereby he does the eBay bit and gets a
percentage. Something like that, anyway. He also says he's also on course to
become a daddy...

--
Wally
www.artbywally.com

John Cairns

Where the hell is Norman Wells? Don't answer, I'll do a mapquest search and
post a link.
http://tinylink.com/?OyrsOCkjI0
Yeah, I guess that's in the middle of nowhere. Boob is in hiding so the
mensa village idiot had taken up the slack, he seems a lot shakier than last
time he was here.
http://tinylink.com/?dHR3DDLOoS
John Cairns