Scott Vernon

Default 40 Below and Cold Steel

His 'oldtimers' (Alzheimer's) is getting worse?

"John Cairns" wrote
mensa village idiot had taken up the slack, he seems a lot shakier than

last
time he was here.

Seahag

"Wally" wrote Capt Mooron wrote:;

He is indeed - some sort of deal to do with getting rid of excess kit

that's
lying around various marinas, whereby he does the eBay bit and gets a
percentage. Something like that, anyway.

Sounds like he's dumpster diving like the putz next dock over!

Seahag

Thom Stewart

Mooron,

Glad you're surviving that bitter cold. Are you putting the air
conditioning fin on the steel, as we did for the pipeline?

When they told me I was heading North during pipeline construction, I
told them it only was because I was Standing looking in that direction.
Birch Bay, Wa. w.as as far north as they were locating me.

I did get to see some of the construction problems they had with the
"Perma Frost"

Keep 'em warm, ole Buddy, You got a lot of year yet to use them.

Ole Thom
P/S I ran into a Northwesterner the other day in a restaurant. Wearing
Short pants and a straw fidora, with long Johns and a hooded parker and
hiking boots, Springtime in the NW

Capt Mooron

"Wally" wrote in message

He also says he's also on course to
become a daddy...

Well there goes the toys.... no more "latest & greatest gadgets" for Poppa
Sprit!!!
Suzanne will make certain all extra funds go to the child!

Think about it.... a Baby Bobby! Whoa Nelly! I'll bet that mellows out Brody
faster than anything!
He'll need all the extra funds from his Dumpster Diving/E-Bay sales just to
afford his Marina fees!
The A/V room he so cherishes will be converted into a playroom for Lil'
SweetPea Brody....

Baby proofing the pad will consume more of his cash and require his gadgets
to be stored out of harm's way.

Yup.... I hope Bob keeps us updated on his new comic strip... Brutus,
Olive'n Sweetpea!

I'm thinking of going Ice Fishing today.... I leave tomorrow morning to
return to the bush!
Take Care... I'll check in again when I return to Halifax.

CM

Capt Mooron

"Scott Vernon" wrote in message
Hey dude, good to hear from you. We had some 45~50* days last week,

finally
got to the boat (on the hard) for a few days of boat work. She looks good
and I can't wait to splash. Ugh, was in Buffalo yesterday, blowing and
snowing , I'm sick of that crap!

Right on Scotty! I heard you folks had a wicked storm pass through. I heard
from my family that it hit Halifax hard! They called it "White Juan" and it
left 95cm of snow behind with 3 meter drifts.

It's warm here in Norman Wells today.... only minus 24c. Caught a couple of
shows at the bar last night. The Peeler was a nice distraction.

I have to be back in Halifax by end of April to prep Overproof for
splashing. It's Tall Ships again this year so I'm planning to take time off
for that at the end of July. It should converge nicely with the Wooden Boat
Festival in Mahone Bay.

Take care and have some mercy on the poor Boobster.... I understand he'll
have another mouth to feed soon and that's gonna hit him hard!

CM

Capt Mooron

Kewl..... now go West about 100 Km and North about 10 Km and that's roughly
where I'm at work.

Jax is even funnier now than before..... choke him in the shallows before he
gets too deep! :-D

CM

"John Cairns" wrote in message
Where the hell is Norman Wells? Don't answer, I'll do a mapquest search

and
post a link.
http://tinylink.com/?OyrsOCkjI0
Yeah, I guess that's in the middle of nowhere. Boob is in hiding so the
mensa village idiot had taken up the slack, he seems a lot shakier than

last
time he was here.
http://tinylink.com/?dHR3DDLOoS
John Cairns

"Capt Mooron" overproof @mooron.com wrote in message
. ..
Just dropped by to say Hi! I'm actually "in town" for the weekend...

okay
it's Norman Wells and only 800 people... I'm having a few drinks

waiting
at
the office for the local bar to open. I got wind there would be peelers

here
this weekend so I managed to get some time out of the bush......
WOOOOOOOOoooooooooooo it's time to tie one on and cut loose!!!!!

It's been an average of minus 38 here for a long while. I'm working

outdoors
all day! Kickin' ass and takin' names. I've been working survey and in
charge of 2 crews erecting steel abutments for bridge crossings. Cols

steel
at 40 below just sucks the heat out of you! The snow is belly deep to a
moose and it makes for a diffcult time surveying. I've gotten more
snowmobile and Argo time this season than all the other years combined.

One
of my local buddies just got his commercial helicopter cert.... so I'm

off
to the Franklin Mountains tomorrow morning for a spin!

Get this now...... they provided me with two beautiful blonde babes as
helpers. I'm not kiddin' ya... these girls are cute. How lucky can you

get
eh?!! The girls are back at base camp.... Ha Ha Ha! They get out next

week
when the bar brings in the male strippers for lady's night!

I see not much has changed at ASA.... Jax is still sailin' the Irwin of
mental vessels! Bobby is claiming to be going on sabbatical? Ha Ha Ha

I'll post pictures to webshots when I get back.... I'm on a snail

connection
here. Take care and I'll see if I can check in on Sunday before I head

back
out to the sticks. Man what totally AWESOME country this is up here!!!

later

CM

Capt Mooron

"Thom Stewart" wrote in message
Mooron,

Glad you're surviving that bitter cold. Are you putting the air
conditioning fin on the steel, as we did for the pipeline?

Steel work is on the abutment bin walls and piling for the bridge
placements. Massive panels that need to be manually heaved into place,
spudded and bolted. Handling 5/8s bolts at -42c is an exercise in frost
burn. I've got a special suit from Northern Outfiitters that handles the
extreme cold quite nicely. The survey work is another matter.... waiting 4
hours by the GPS to confirm coordinates and travelling site to site to plant
steel pins into rock. Sometimes you have to dig up to 2 meters of snow to
get to the ground. It's a blast... and everyday is an adventure. I'm lovin'
it.!! :-D

When they told me I was heading North during pipeline construction, I
told them it only was because I was Standing looking in that direction.
Birch Bay, Wa. w.as as far north as they were locating me.

I did get to see some of the construction problems they had with the
"Perma Frost"

Yeah.. we're on fine grained soils here.... old glacial lake bed. Lots of
perma frost problems. We're using liquid nitrogen to freeze the holes below
the frost lines.

Keep 'em warm, ole Buddy, You got a lot of year yet to use them.

You bet Thom! I'm dreaming of the day I get to go sailing again in warm
weather... which by comparison will seem like blistering hot weather.

Take care of yourself and keep these guys here in line and on subject! :-D

CM

Capt Mooron

"Jeff Morris" wrote in message
Good to hear from you, CM. So just what is it you're building up there -

a 6
lane highway?

Hi Ya Jeff..... Way to go slappin' Jax with the Cold Wet Fish of Reality!

Nah... just preping the river crossings for extension of the winter road.
All roads North of Wrigley are seasonal winter roads. They need the bridges
in place to extend the operational window for the pipeline that is coming
through. There's an awful lot of river crossings. This season 12 bridges are
going in. They'll need more next year. Prior to last year all crossings were
on ice only. That restricts payloads on heavier trucks. A year around access
to this area is still a decade away unless they push a lot of cash at it in
a hurry. No rush... it's a beautiful place. I'll post photos when I get
back.

Take Care Jeff

CM

Capt Mooron

"Seahag" wrote in message

Sounds like he's dumpster diving like the putz next dock over!

Well look on the bright side Seahag..... at least he's finally got a
friggin' job!! :-D

CM