Jonathan Ganz

Default Lifelines

Umm... sorry, but I think I need an interpreter... what does
"I'm suggestion that that is a total non-sequitur" mean?

"Dave" wrote in message
On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 13:06:33 -0800, "Jonathan Ganz"
said:

It's compromised, but hasn't yet failed. I much rather have a cut than
fall in the water.

You'd probably prefer to be rich but happy rather than poor but unhappy

too.
(In case you missed it, I'm suggestion that that is a total non-sequitur)

Dave
S/V Good Fortune
CS27

Bobsprit

It's compromised, but hasn't yet failed. I much rather have a cut than
fall in the water.

The cut may lead your grip to fail...and splash anyway.

RB

Bobsprit

The key word is "may."

That will be the word at your funeral, Jonathan.
"If the line had been maintained, he MAY have survived."
I'm not sure what you're attempting to preach here. Suggesting that lifelines
are not key gear is something Neal would say. Or maybe not.

RB
Jonathan Ganz

You're the one maintaining that they're essential or key gear. They're not.
I don't have
any on my boat. Don't need them. They're nice to have. They're in the
category
of safety equipment. They, like most things, shouldn't be relied upon to
save your
life. One's brain is the most important and essential piece of equipment.
Don't get
onboard without it.

"Bobsprit" wrote in message
The key word is "may."

That will be the word at your funeral, Jonathan.
"If the line had been maintained, he MAY have survived."
I'm not sure what you're attempting to preach here. Suggesting that

lifelines
are not key gear is something Neal would say. Or maybe not.

RB

Bobsprit

You're the one maintaining that they're essential or key gear. They're not.
I don't have
any on my boat.

Jonathan, don't you own a Cal 20? Few boats that small have life lines.

RB
JAXAshby

jonny, it means you didn't understand the context of the sentence, therefore
the substitution of one letter for another and the elimination of a third
letter in a message of maybe ninety letters has left you completely baffled.

said:

It's compromised, but hasn't yet failed. I much rather have a cut than
fall in the water.

You'd probably prefer to be rich but happy rather than poor but unhappy

too.
(In case you missed it, I'm suggestion that that is a total non-sequitur)

Dave
S/V Good Fortune
CS27

Donal

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
jonny, it means you didn't understand the context of the sentence,

therefore
the substitution of one letter for another and the elimination of a third
letter in a message of maybe ninety letters has left you completely

baffled.

Rubbish!

Regards

Donal

Scott Vernon

"Donal" wrote in message

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
jonny, it means you didn't understand the context of the sentence,

therefore
the substitution of one letter for another and the elimination of a

third
letter in a message of maybe ninety letters has left you completely

baffled.

Rubbish!

May be, but it's classic Jax.

JAXAshby

donnie, you too, eh?

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
jonny, it means you didn't understand the context of the sentence,

therefore
the substitution of one letter for another and the elimination of a third
letter in a message of maybe ninety letters has left you completely

baffled.

Rubbish!

Regards

Donal

Lifelines, slack or taught Parallax Cruising 4 March 2nd 04 03:31 PM
Bending stabchions ? Sven General 8 December 11th 03 02:23 PM
Lifelines Wally ASA 66 October 22nd 03 10:21 PM