JAXAshby

Default Lifelines

yeah, jeffies, that's it. mud. That is what the markers are for, that is why
the career merchant marine/decades ocean racer wished to avoid. mud.

Are you really so stupid as to claim that the only reason for aids to
navigation
is to mark rocks that could be hit by a small boat? Is "Soft As Puppy ****"
your middle name?

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
Those may be "tings ta hits" but they are not rocks.

and the lights are there for what reason?

JAXAshby

jeffies, the only one to use the word "lost" is you.

Lost at Hatteras with two GPS's! Good one jaxie!

Jeff Morris

Right. You said "we were within 20 seconds of turning around". That sounds an
awful lot like you were lost. Especially since you can go 5 miles inside of a
light with 38 mile visibility. At 3 knots, that means you were afraid you were
within 100 feet of bumping into a "rock." Given that there are no hazards,
other than Diamond Shoals, which is very well marked and easy to avoid, its
sounds a lot like you were lost.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
jeffies, the only one to use the word "lost" is you.

Lost at Hatteras with two GPS's! Good one jaxie!

Shen44

Subject: Lifelines
From: "Jeff Morris"

Those may be "tings ta hits" but they are not rocks. The only reason someone
would claim there are rocks there is if they never were there at all. Of
course, its also possible you were hiding down below, scared ****less at the
thought of passing Hatteras. Or maybe you were hanging over the side. One
thing is for sure, you weren't navigating!

The other reason he might claim they are rocks, is much simpler .... he doesn't
know how to read a chart (obviously).
You'll note that Jax only hires on as a crewmember for these trips and it's
obvious that't all he's qualified for.

Shen
JAXAshby

no jeffies, it did not mean we were withing 100 feet of hitting something. It
meant we hadn't yet seen a light we expected to see, and if we didn't see it
****soon**** we would do the prudent thing and backtrack until we were sure
the light was out or something. we found the light right where it was
expected.

go out there sometime jeffies and you will find out that one does indeed watch
for lights. training wheels motorboat operators, on the other hand, motor a
bit and stop, motor a bit and stop, stay stopped because it might rain or the
bread is stale or whatever.

"JAXAshby" wrote in message
jeffies, the only one to use the word "lost" is you.

Lost at Hatteras with two GPS's! Good one jaxie!

JAXAshby

the lights are there for laughing at? I didn't know that. thanks shen for
enlightening the world.

and the lights are there for what reason?

ROFL

Shen

JAXAshby

we didn't discuss it much, but he did have a plaque in his home (end point of
the voyage was the dock in front of his home) for his service at MacMurdo
Station.

BTW "career merchant marine" tells us little. Was he deck or engine? Officer
or
crew?

Shen

Lifelines, slack or taught Parallax Cruising 4 March 2nd 04 03:31 PM
Bending stabchions ? Sven General 8 December 11th 03 02:23 PM
Lifelines Wally ASA 66 October 22nd 03 10:21 PM