DSK

Default DICLAIMER

"katysails" wrote...
So losing wars means cowardice in Joe's opinion? Doesn't say much, then,
for his opinion of Viet Nam vets, deos it?

Hey, we didn't actually LOSE in Viet Nam.... we came in second!

... But
then, is any war ever right? Justifiable does not equal right.

A good question. Not any good answers I'm aware of. However, I would offer my
opinion that there are some things worse than war.

Scott Vernon wrote:
Our VN vets didn't lose the war, the fu%#ing politicians wouldn't let them
win it.

Also, there was never any plan to win. The overall strategic idea was to hold
it to a draw, like in Korea. However the Viet communists were very resourceful
and dedicated, and without having a resounding strategic defeat inflicted on
them, they were going to win in the end... which they did. Look at history,
these guys chased out the Chinese three or four times!

And every body knows the french are cowards.

Nah, they're just too busy arguing about food and wondering why their women's
legs are so hairy.

DSK

Martin Baxter

DSK wrote:

"katysails" wrote...
So losing wars means cowardice in Joe's opinion? Doesn't say much, then,
for his opinion of Viet Nam vets, deos it?

Hey, we didn't actually LOSE in Viet Nam.... we came in second!

What war, it wasn't a war, it was a 'Police Action', I'm sure that's
what I was told.

But police can loose wars, just look at the "War on Drugs".

Cheers
Marty

Joe

"Donal" wrote in message ...
"Joe" wrote in message
om...

You summed it up very well, Joe.

My OS tankerman card was issued Nov 1981

My AB ticket was issued July 82

My 100 ton ocean operator #192344 was issued 4th May 1984

My USMM 1600 ton Masters any oceans ticket number is 607529 first
issue was Aug 17th 1987.

What did you say your Yachtmaster # was O physic navigator?

Thats right, you didn't did you? Why?

Because your a Liar a fake and a wannabe.

While you were learning to add and subtract I was learning how to walk
300 ton boat sideways against a 5 knot current.

While you were reading see spot run. I was reading the 9 volumes
of H.O. Pub 214

While you were learning grammer I was learning celestial navigation.

While you were playing kickball, I was playing with radars.

While you were steering your first car, I was steering a ship almost
as large as an aircraft carrier.

While you went to the prom. I went to Deigo Garcia, Hong Kong, OZ,
Phillipines, Hawaii, Japan, Tiawan, Guam, New Zeland, Maratuias,
Africa, and a dozen other places you still dream about going to.

You carried a lunch box, I carried nuclear weapons.

You had a hall pass, I had a top secret clearence.

You were begging to get to first base, I had several women in every
port.

Yelp, that about sums it up Donal.

But dont feel to bad, you can spell better than I can.

Regards,

Joe

Regards

Donal

[...]