DSK

Default DICLAIMER

"katysails" wrote...
So losing wars means cowardice in Joe's opinion? Doesn't say much, then,
for his opinion of Viet Nam vets, deos it?

Hey, we didn't actually LOSE in Viet Nam.... we came in second!

... But
then, is any war ever right? Justifiable does not equal right.

A good question. Not any good answers I'm aware of. However, I would offer my
opinion that there are some things worse than war.

Scott Vernon wrote:
Our VN vets didn't lose the war, the fu%#ing politicians wouldn't let them
win it.

Also, there was never any plan to win. The overall strategic idea was to hold
it to a draw, like in Korea. However the Viet communists were very resourceful
and dedicated, and without having a resounding strategic defeat inflicted on
them, they were going to win in the end... which they did. Look at history,
these guys chased out the Chinese three or four times!

And every body knows the french are cowards.

Nah, they're just too busy arguing about food and wondering why their women's
legs are so hairy.

DSK