DD730

Default Vermon

Cornered rats start running furiously. They exhaust themselves and will
quickly drown in an inch of water or less. Three allows for evaporation.

Scott Vernon wrote:
You think mice can't swim? OK, make it 6'' if you like. I believe
they get tired eventually and drown.

SV

"Horvath" wrote in message
On Sat, 21 Feb 2004 14:35:16 -0500, "Scott Vernon"
wrote this crap:

A bucket with 3'' of water works good. They fall in trying to get a
drink, then drown.

Tell us how they drown in three inches of water.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe

Horvath

On Sun, 22 Feb 2004 23:53:29 GMT, "DD730" wrote this
crap:

Cornered rats start running furiously. They exhaust themselves and will
quickly drown in an inch of water or less. Three allows for evaporation.

Hard to believe. I've SEEN mice jump out of a wastebasket.

wrote this crap:

A bucket with 3'' of water works good. They fall in trying to get a
drink, then drown.

Tell us how they drown in three inches of water.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe
Scott Vernon

Kangaroo mouse.

"Horvath" wrote

Hard to believe. I've SEEN mice jump out of a wastebasket.

katysails

Horvath stated:=20
I've SEEN mice jump out of a wastebasket.

They had purchase from the garbage. Water has no purchase.
--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

DD730

My cats have learned to put their catch into the bathtub. There they can
play with them cause most can't jump out of the tub. Takes a big rat to
jump out of the tub.

wrote this crap:

A bucket with 3'' of water works good. They fall in trying to get
a drink, then drown.

Tell us how they drown in three inches of water.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe

Horvath

On Mon, 23 Feb 2004 07:11:36 -0500, "katysails"
wrote this crap:

Horvath stated:
I've SEEN mice jump out of a wastebasket.

They had purchase from the garbage. Water has no purchase.

Nope. Wrong answer. A friend had some mice trapped in a standard
office metal wastebasket. The mice were able to jump high enough to
grab the top lip with their forepaws.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe
Peter Wiley

In article , Joe
wrote:

Peter Wiley wrote in message
In article , Joe
wrote:

Damn it! A mouse has invaded my wheelhouse. Last night I found a
potato that a mouse had half eaten. I set the traps with chuncky
peanut butter and the little sucker ate it without setting the traps
off. I heard him scampering across the decks the other night but
thought it was a bird. Tonight I will use sharp chedder cheese in the
rat traps and hope I get em.

Nothing worse than a rat jumping on-board.

Ill take the trash to the dumpster, arm all traps,load the 22 rifle
with a scope and rat shot, put out posion and listen for that pitter
patter of little feet on the deck.

What do you do to prevent rats from boarding?

Live in Australia.

Yeah right http://www.doaustralia.com/Readersto...an2001/WA2.jpg

picture of a person feeding a huge rat at rotten nest island. Dutch
sailor names the island it means rat nest.

ROFLMAO. Hey, Joe, did you *really* think those Disney cartoons were
about real animals?

You remind me of the story about the Texan in Queensland who was
boasting that his property was so big, he had to feed an entire steer
to his hands each dinner time. He shut up real fast when an Aussie
walked into the pub and said he'd just put a thousand head into the
curry.

IOW, he was pig-ignorant about Australia, too.

BTW, Joe, I've got bigger 'rats' than those on Rottnest Island living
on my front lawn here in Tasmania and on my NSW property, they grow 6'
tall, travel in packs and have been known to wreck cars & kill drivers.
That's why we still carry guns in the country.

PDW