Thom Stewart

Default Australia Day!

To all our friends "Downunder" have a Happy Day.

Put an extra "Barby" on for Ole Thom

Live it up!

Ole Thom

katysails

Put an extra "Barby" on for Ole Thom

Grilled plastic ala Mattel....

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Peter Wiley

In article , Thom
Stewart wrote:

To all our friends "Downunder" have a Happy Day.

Put an extra "Barby" on for Ole Thom

Thanks, Thom. I had a good one, fish & chips on the wharf while
admiring OPB's then a few glasses of wine watching the tide come in out
the front of my place, eating oysters I'd just gathered off the rocks.
The first of my 2 moorings went in the bay yesterday, too.

Peter Wiley
katysails

PW boasted:=20

-- The first of my 2 moorings went in the bay yesterday, too.

Now you have to get a boat. BTW, we're blizzarding again. The groundhog =
isd never going to find his way out of his hole next week....it'sfrozen =
over.
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Peter Wiley

In article , katysails
wrote:

PW boasted:

-- The first of my 2 moorings went in the bay yesterday, too.

Now you have to get a boat.

Got quite a few already. Just need to get another one or 2. I really
only intended to have one mooring but the space is there, the
installing contractor is a neighbour of mine and the Govt officer is
happy, so why not? Mast for the toy sailboat is ready to go back in
after a bit of TIG welding and new halyard sheaves.

BTW, we're blizzarding again. The groundhog isd
never going to find his way out of his hole next week....it'sfrozen over.

Ah well, if you live in the frozen north, you gotta expect it to be
like that. Move somewhere warmer! Meanwhile I look at the rabbits
feeding on my grass and think about rabbit casserole in red wine.
Winter will arrive in a few months but this year I'll have my small
workshop complete and equipped, so there'll be plenty to keep me happy.

PDW

Peter Wiley

In article , OzOneof3 wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:43:14 +1100, Peter Wiley
scribbled thusly:

In article , Thom
Stewart wrote:

To all our friends "Downunder" have a Happy Day.

Put an extra "Barby" on for Ole Thom

Thanks, Thom. I had a good one, fish & chips on the wharf while
admiring OPB's then a few glasses of wine watching the tide come in out
the front of my place, eating oysters I'd just gathered off the rocks.
The first of my 2 moorings went in the bay yesterday, too.

Peter Wiley

Talking about oysters, my daughter rows out of Tarban Creek near
Gladesville Bridge.
Sydney rock oysters in huge numbers on the foreshore....pity they'd
probably put you in hospital though.

Yeah, that's the problem. I remember getting buckets of big mussels off
the rocks at Berrys Bay when I was a kid back in the early 60's. Even
though they were cooked, I cringe at the thought of eating them these
days. Heavy metals.....

Upper reaches of Sydney Harbour have come a long way but I still
wouldn't eat anything out of it, especially not filter-feeders like
oysters & mussels and doubly so raw.

PDW
MC

Stewart wrote:

[...]

You need more Oriental tourists -they grab any sea food they can get
their hand on here. Even eat oysters of the "do not take shellfish signs"

Cheers

Peter Wiley

In article , MC
wrote:

Stewart wrote:

[...]

Got plenty already, along with migrants. Had to restrict the taking of
stuff off rock platforms as they were getting turned into deserts.
Problem with people eating contaminated seafood is that they front up
at the public hospitals and expect to be treated for food poisoning,
hepatitus etc etc. You don't have to worry about that as I understand
NZ hospitals don't bother treating people any more - can't afford it.

All jokes about NZ aside, you're fortunate you don't (yet) have too
many people. Why I left Sydney & now live in Tasmania; it's sort of a
race in Sydney between money going into cleaning up old and heavily
polluted areas and population growth making things worse though at a
slower rate, while public infrastructure lags behind in roads, railways
etc. 2 hours flying from here any time I want to do some serious
shopping and now there's a car ferry between Sydney and Tasmania so I
can start hauling heavy stuff south as my building gets finished. I'm
never going back there to live.

PDW