Joe

Default Want to go to Australia - Be Gay!

From Google news:

NEW DELHI: Australia beckons gay couples. In a landmark judgement, an
Australian High Court ruled that the country would give refugee status
to homosexuals who would have to live 'discreetly' to avoid
persecution in their homeland.

The decision, the first ever by a final appellate court on whether
persecution over sexual orientation could be grounds for refugee
status, came after two gay men from Bangladesh appealed for refugee
status because they could not live openly as homosexuals in their own
country.

According to reports, the two Bangladeshi men came to Australia to
live with OZ1 in February 1999 and within two weeks of their arrival
applied for protection visas claiming that they were refugees because
they feared persecution in Bangladesh by reason of their
homosexuality.

The case is likely to have far reaching impact in other countries
receiving refugees. This could put gay asylum-seekers fleeing sexual
persecution on par with people fleeing religious or political
persecution.

The judgement, according to analysts could also be used as a 'gateway'
for those seeking to migrate to Australia.

Australian High Court Said this would never of happened if we did not
bend over from pressure for Ozzy. But we understand that even Ozzy
might be able to get laid now!

Peter Wiley

In article , Captain
William Collin, Master of the barque Grimenza wrote:

So are you jealous or a homophobe?

Couldn't he be both?

BTW my sister in law is lesbian....

Bet she has short fingernails :-) I used to live with a bi woman who
had lots of lesbian friends. Fond memories.......

As an aside, I reckon Australia will withdraw from the UN refugee
treaty if this sort of decision keeps up. What it basically says is
that anyone can claim that they're a refugee if it's possible they
could be breaking a law or violatng the mores in their own country and
that Australia's High Court doesn't agree with the home country's
law/policy. China's one child policy comes to mind and IIRC that one
has already been tried on.

Originally we were dealing with people who'd be killed for belonging to
an ethnic/religious group and had to flee for their lives. The world
has moved on and goalposts been shifted. The old treaty isn't relevant.

I reckon we'll buy Nauru in the next couple years. Then we'll need
pioneering settlers.

PDW

On 18 Dec 2003 08:56:16 -0800, (Joe)
scribbled thusly:

From Google news:

[...]

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Scott Vernon

nah, you wouldn't have liked it.

Ozzy the Enema wrote

....shoulda been born a man

Oz1...of the 3 twins.

Peter Wiley

In article , Captain
William Collin, Master of the barque Grimenza wrote:

On Fri, 19 Dec 2003 10:34:57 +1100, Peter Wiley
scribbled thusly:

In article , Captain
William Collin, Master of the barque Grimenza wrote:

So are you jealous or a homophobe?

Couldn't he be both?

BTW my sister in law is lesbian....

Bet she has short fingernails :-) I used to live with a bi woman who
had lots of lesbian friends. Fond memories.......

Heh heh...she drives a truck....shoulda been born a man, spitting
image of her dad.

The ones I knew were all very good looking women. They had a certain
'style' that those in the know could pick, of course, but it was a
dress code, hairstyle thing.

There were 6 of us sitting in Salamanca Place having coffee one
Saturday - 1 bi, 2 lesbians, 3 straight including me. The straight
couple were casual acquaintences of mine. A sheep boat (tourist ship)
was in port and the sheep were everywhere, buying tourist junk.
Absolutely gorgeous woman, cafe-au-lait skin and bright yellow short
jumpsuit came along, off the boat. 4 of us all went 'Look at that/I saw
her first!!!' with eyeballs hanging out. The other 2 looked *very*
bemused - took them a bit to twig esp as they knew I was living with
one of the other women. Some very odd looks passed back & forth between
them while the rest of us just cracked up laughing.

Good days indeed.

PDW

Joe

Peter Wiley wrote in message ...
In article , Captain
William Collin, Master of the barque Grimenza wrote:

So are you jealous or a homophobe?

Couldn't he be both?

I'm neither one, In fact you can pack all the fudge you want Oz. Last
time I was in oz land it was of great benifit to all us US Navy
sailors. The girls were lined up on both sides of the street outside
the base to pick up real men. Nice girls looking for men that were not
gay and did not treat them like dirt, the way the locals did. In fact
so many guys for the USS enterprise went UA that they had to send in
lots of MP's to go find them. It was great, had a nice girl pick me up
and before we left she had me over to her folks house and her dad was
hinting he would give me 1000 + acres and livestock ect... if I was
interested in getting hitched.

And I have a step sister that is a lesbian as well......So what. Big
deal...she a firefighter in Atlanta.

Joe

[...]

From Google news:

[...]

Peter Wiley

In article , Joe
wrote:

Peter Wiley wrote in message
In article , Captain
William Collin, Master of the barque Grimenza wrote:

So are you jealous or a homophobe?

Couldn't he be both?

I'm neither one, In fact you can pack all the fudge you want Oz. Last
time I was in oz land it was of great benifit to all us US Navy
sailors. The girls were lined up on both sides of the street outside
the base to pick up real men. Nice girls looking for men that were not
gay and did not treat them like dirt, the way the locals did.

Yeah, prostitution is legal in Australia, sailors have money to spend,
little time to spend it and aren't real discriminating. Tell us
something new. Ship visits are real good for the local economy and the
vast majority of Australians are happy to see US ships arrive. We get a
lot in Hobart - USCG Polar Star was in port when I flew out, IIRC.
Planeloads of prostitutes fly in to supplement the local talent.

Peter Wiley
Joe

Peter Wiley wrote in message ne

Yeah, prostitution is legal in Australia, sailors have money to spend,
little time to spend it and aren't real discriminating. Tell us
something new. Ship visits are real good for the local economy and the
vast majority of Australians are happy to see US ships arrive. We get a
lot in Hobart - USCG Polar Star was in port when I flew out, IIRC.
Planeloads of prostitutes fly in to supplement the local talent.

Geee peter how do your whores stay in biz without charging. Im mean
the hookers in the phillipens, hong kong, singapore, tiawan, ect...
they all charge. Your oz girls were paying us and buying us drinks.

Joe

Peter Wiley