Peter Wiley

Default Want to go to Australia - Be Gay!

In article , Captain
William Collin, Master of the barque Grimenza wrote:

So are you jealous or a homophobe?

Couldn't he be both?

BTW my sister in law is lesbian....

Bet she has short fingernails :-) I used to live with a bi woman who
had lots of lesbian friends. Fond memories.......

As an aside, I reckon Australia will withdraw from the UN refugee
treaty if this sort of decision keeps up. What it basically says is
that anyone can claim that they're a refugee if it's possible they
could be breaking a law or violatng the mores in their own country and
that Australia's High Court doesn't agree with the home country's
law/policy. China's one child policy comes to mind and IIRC that one
has already been tried on.

Originally we were dealing with people who'd be killed for belonging to
an ethnic/religious group and had to flee for their lives. The world
has moved on and goalposts been shifted. The old treaty isn't relevant.

I reckon we'll buy Nauru in the next couple years. Then we'll need
pioneering settlers.

PDW

On 18 Dec 2003 08:56:16 -0800, (Joe)
scribbled thusly:

From Google news:

NEW DELHI: Australia beckons gay couples. In a landmark judgement, an
Australian High Court ruled that the country would give refugee status
to homosexuals who would have to live 'discreetly' to avoid
persecution in their homeland.

The decision, the first ever by a final appellate court on whether
persecution over sexual orientation could be grounds for refugee
status, came after two gay men from Bangladesh appealed for refugee
status because they could not live openly as homosexuals in their own
country.

According to reports, the two Bangladeshi men came to Australia to
live with OZ1 in February 1999 and within two weeks of their arrival
applied for protection visas claiming that they were refugees because
they feared persecution in Bangladesh by reason of their
homosexuality.

The case is likely to have far reaching impact in other countries
receiving refugees. This could put gay asylum-seekers fleeing sexual
persecution on par with people fleeing religious or political
persecution.

The judgement, according to analysts could also be used as a 'gateway'
for those seeking to migrate to Australia.

Australian High Court Said this would never of happened if we did not
bend over from pressure for Ozzy. But we understand that even Ozzy
might be able to get laid now!

Oz1...of the 3 twins.