Peter Wiley

Default Australia Day!

In article , OzOneof3 wrote:

On Tue, 27 Jan 2004 10:43:14 +1100, Peter Wiley
scribbled thusly:

In article , Thom
Stewart wrote:

To all our friends "Downunder" have a Happy Day.

Put an extra "Barby" on for Ole Thom

Thanks, Thom. I had a good one, fish & chips on the wharf while
admiring OPB's then a few glasses of wine watching the tide come in out
the front of my place, eating oysters I'd just gathered off the rocks.
The first of my 2 moorings went in the bay yesterday, too.

Peter Wiley

Talking about oysters, my daughter rows out of Tarban Creek near
Gladesville Bridge.
Sydney rock oysters in huge numbers on the foreshore....pity they'd
probably put you in hospital though.

Yeah, that's the problem. I remember getting buckets of big mussels off
the rocks at Berrys Bay when I was a kid back in the early 60's. Even
though they were cooked, I cringe at the thought of eating them these
days. Heavy metals.....

Upper reaches of Sydney Harbour have come a long way but I still
wouldn't eat anything out of it, especially not filter-feeders like
oysters & mussels and doubly so raw.

PDW