Seahag

Default Stinky sink!

It goes out. The Tahiti had a sump in the bilge and wasn't a problem. Go
figure.

It wasn't the turkey, it was those damned little quail!

(Peep is sitting here bobbing (ew) his head at me:^)

katysails wrote in message
Does your sink drain to the bilge or out? I'd get something non-porous and
that's unaffected by heat. Told you that if you poured all that turkey
grease down there you'd regret it....

--
katysails
s/v Chanteuse

Seahag

"No more fry ups"??!!!! Ever?????? Ever made pompidoms at home? i love
a good curry...learned how in Kenya:^ Lots & lots of toppings...

The_navigator© wrote in message
We have PVC based pipe but no problems with smells. It's too old to tell
where it came from. The pipe is very smooth inside and does not hold
gunk. I think that's key. The other side is that you must prevent grease
build up... so tell Mr Hag no more fry ups!!! Try flushing the drain
once a month with hot water and laundry detergent with a closed sea
cock and then open it before it's cooled too much. Failing that, keep
some Draino handy. I'd really think about a chemical resistant tube if I
were you...

Cheers MC

Seahag wrote:

What is on Ella? Not that you cook and do dishes every day, but curious
minds want to know!

The_navigator© wrote in message

How about hose designed for head waste. It's very strong and chemical
resistant. Here its black or white in color. You should be able to get a
suitable size.

Cheers MC

Jonathan Ganz

Women just don't get the ****ing in the shower thing.

"The_navigator©" wrote in message
I heard it was common in the USA actaully.

Cheers MC

katysails wrote:

It's an easy way to move the grease you know. I hear that some people
even use the same method on each other before. Sort of like a shower.

You new Zealander's are truly bizarre people....

Scott Vernon

before or after you drink it?

SV, got 2 bottles of rum for birthday

"Capt. Mooron" wrote ...
Close the seacocks and pour a bottle of Overproof Rum into the sink until
the hose is full.... let sit for 3 days. It will never smell bad again.

CM

katysails

Is this a Mid-Western thing?

No...it's a "some boats do" thing...ours certainly doesn't....ice chest =
does, though, which really annoys me...

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Donal

"Seahag" wrote in message
The gally sink on this boat stinks so bad I don't even want to come home

any
more, much less have people over. It's slightly tolerable when we put a
garden hose down it for 20 minutes, but this ain't right. What kind of
drain hose do you think we should get? Lahaina had that rippled thorax
looking stuff and never was a problem..

Have you tried bleach?

Regards

Donal

katysails

What about the head? Where does that drain?

Holding tank. Great Lakes, ya know...no discharge...Off to the pump out =
every other weekend or so....

--=20
katysails
s/v Chanteuse
Kirie Elite 32
http://katysails.tripod.com

Seahag

katysails wrote:

....ice chest does, though, which really annoys me...

We put in one of those Rule sump pans with the little pump and strainer.
Keeps the bilge clean.

Seahag